Sarah Ann Tasker nee Holroyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Ann Tasker nee Holroyd

I've come across a pic of a family memorial in Goole via deceased online. The image isn't very clear re date of death (either 1927 or possibly 1922), whoever uploaded the memorial suggests 1923. The age at death on the stone could be either 63 or 83,again it's not very clear

I don't think the death was at Goole anyway as there's no corresponding death index entry.

There's a couple of possibles in the death index further afield:

TASKER, SARAH ANN age 77 GRO Reference: 1923 D Quarter in GAINSBOROUGH Volume 07A Page 801

TASKER, SARAH age 63 GRO Reference: 1926 D Quarter in HULL Volume 09D Page 336

Sarah was born Sarah Ann Holroyd in Hull, she married John Grisdale Tasker. He died in 1876 and haven't been able to locate Sarah Ann in any census post 1871, the two I can find her in (via family search suggest Hull as pob and 1834 or 1843 as year of birth. If she appears in the 1881-1911 I'm blowed if I can find her. I'm hoping she might be with family somewhere but the Taskers are elusive on familysearch to some degree. A son was in Gainsborough in 1901 and 1911 but I'm generally struggling with the family beyond 1871 in census finds.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

She got married again!

8F3AAAE3-82FF-42CF-BE55-B21C3C28EBCF.jpeg

Comment

Thanks for that, I thought it was odd that she vanished and with so many Sarah Taskers around it's a nightmare trying to work out if a record is for a young spinster or an older widow. I seem to be finding all the duff freebmd entries recently too, a few of her kids/grandkids events aren't on there but did make the GRO site.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Am stuck with finding them in 1881 census and ff. though and they should be on it as married as census day was the previous month to their marriage.

Comment

The baptism register image on FMP is terrible but I can make it out and it is a good one with both birthdate and baptism. Sarah Ann Holroyd, dau. of William Holroyd (sailmaker) and his wife Ann of Myton was born 31 July 1833 and baptised in Holy Trinity, Kingston upon Hull 31 December 1833. Father’s details matches that on her 2nd marriage certificate.
          Last edited by GallowayLass; 28-01-20, 14:12.

Comment

Got her in 1911 as a widow. The Annie Elizabeth Newell is her daughter and the Edward Tasker is her son.
            7EA77666-6D49-4BD1-AE31-AEE1EE9C7160.jpg

Comment

Probably rowing along the canals/rivers between Goole and Hull or swanning about with her son who was on the boats with the Goole Steamship Company.

Found her death record in Goole. March qtr 1923.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Widowed in 1901 as well. The daughter Annie E Newell in 1911 has a different surname this time and is a widow. Mr Newell must have been 2nd husband.
                A01409DC-F11F-464E-BF03-DB22D27ED6E3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
                  Probably rowing along the canals/rivers between Goole and Hull or swanning about with her son who was on the boats with the Goole Steamship Company.

Found her death record in Goole. March qtr 1923.
                  Snap. Had that one a few minutes ago but decided to post censuses first LOL
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by GallowayLass; 28-01-20, 14:23.

Comment

The Eyre surname fits, I think it's her daughter from memory. Hubby was George Eyre that much I can remember.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

This is 1891 and she is a widow. George Howden must not have lived long after marriage. The Ann Holroyd is her mother. ancestry have mucked up the transcription and have added the following household to Sarah Ann’s. I have removed them from the bottom of the list and greyed out the two children that don’t belong.
                      AE6F95E4-FB29-493D-A43C-FC53620863A2.jpg

Comment

Blimey, this may just blow the names on a family photo clean out the window. We know one person on the picture for sure and she's quite young, this puts a whole new slant on who might be in it now.

I can feel a grumpy old man moment coming on now, my sister isn't going to give me any peace but she's going to love the marriage register.

Ta muchly for looking and posting the attachments.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Anyhow, George did indeed die fairly soon after marriage to Sarah Ann. Here is pic of family gravestone in Goole Cemetery and it has Sarah plus her 1st hubhy and parents on it. Annoyingly the writing is faded on the bit for Sarah but there’s a date of death given for her in the blurb at the top 8 January 1923.
                          I give up! I can’t get the photo to upload nor the URL to enter in here. Go to findagrave.com and type in Sarah Ann Tasker died 1923 and Goole Cemetery.
                          Last edited by GallowayLass; 28-01-20, 15:54. Reason: A mistake

Comment

Earlier post, I got the date of census wrong re: the date of marriage for Sarah and George. Sorry. Here she is 1881 as the widow Tasker before her remarriage. N.B. The image linked to it is not the correct one. Click two pages to the right and there she is.

C22917E9-3807-4E50-9D05-06C2785CFBD6.jpg
                            Last edited by GallowayLass; 28-01-20, 16:36.

Comment

Have tried 1881-1891 for a death for George but no luck with anything obvious.

Comment

My sister is going bonkers now, the story of the boarding house is true, so she's set me a task to do with that now. Trawling papers, old maps and historic Goole stuff. Grumpy old man moment is imminent.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

I've found the probate register for George so I've got the date, "previously of Edinburgh Road, late of Marshfield Cottage"

Marshfield Cottage still stands and is still called Marshfield Cottage. From that you may gather what the task mentioned above is

*mutters loudly about sisters

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Nope, nae a clue LOL Mind now, if ye lock her in the press, dinnae forget tae let her oot afore bedtime

Comment

Bedtime Sunday? Or have I got to be kind and pick an earlier day?

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
                                        Bedtime Sunday? Or have I got to be kind and pick an earlier day?
                                        Better play nice. You don’t want to do what my ex sister in law did as a new young teacher. A wee devil would not behave and was disrupting the class so much that she marched him out and shut him in the stationery cupboard along the corridor. It wasn’t till lunch was over and they were checking on the playground that anybody missed him and wondered where the wee b had got to. She suddenly remembered where she’d put him earlier LOL.
                                        Work on the query a wee while in peace and then let her back out. As sure as eggs is eggs, you’ll need her as wee gems often result out of nutterings on.
                                        Last edited by GallowayLass; 28-01-20, 18:39.

Comment

Working...
                                        X