No announcement yet.

Where to next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. The one I do know about is my umpteenth great grandfather was on the 3rd fleet. The surprising one is the Bowler tree MAY be related to a former Governor General of Australia (No, not John Kerr). Saying nothing more until I can verify information (as good as it is).

Comment

Michael Bowler, born and bapt 26 Dec 1873 Kilcummin Kerry;birth registered 2 Jan 1874; parents Thomas Bowler & Catherine Donovan.
      Death reg: Michael Bowler 1874, RD: Killarney: Age :0 yrs.
      Killarney was the reg district for the area which included Kilcummin, Rathmore (my Irish folk come from this area so I am quite familiar with the records).

My guess about the children of Thomas & Catherine
      1. Michael, b.26 Dec 1873, died shortly after
      2. Timothy, b. 5 Dec 1874. Do you think he could be the same child as Edward Timothy (Ted?). I have a similar oddity with my grandmother - bapt. and died as Judith, married and registered births of sons as Johanna, seen on electoral rolls as Joanna Margaret. Very casual with their names, the Irish :D
      3. Deborah b. 1877 Qld
      4. Patrick b. 1879 ;d. 1880 Sydney

You can find the images for the Irish births, baptisms and marriages on this free site, if you don't already have them
      This Irish Government supported, official web site, is dedicated to helping you in your search for records of family history for past generations.

Beverley

Comment

Hi Macbev. This will be one to follow. haven't been able to find a death record for Timothy yet. Having said that, because at this stage I'm really only following direct lines, I've not been too concerned. This may well be the link to above. Edward Bowler is the connection. Thanks for that.

Comment

Macbev.......The death notice said Kate had four children and two were deceased, so that would be Patrick and Michael. I’d say Timothy is Edward.

Dad’s Uncle Mick was Robert and Uncle Peter was Julius.

My aunt Bernadette changed her name to Margaret at school, and nobody took any notice. She liked Margaret better. Went on to become a nun.......lol

My great grandmother was baptised Josepha, married and on all her childrens birth certs as Sophia. Buried as Josephine. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyvD View Post
            Haven't been able to find a death record for Timothy yet.
            If Edward Timothy Bowler=Timothy Bowler, he died 4 Aug 1964 and is buried at Rookwood Cemetery in the same plot as his wife Eva May nee Murphy, d. 7 Apr 1966 (Section:M2/Row:6; Plot:772. They are buried next to their sons Laurence (Larry) Bowler who died 7 Mar 1934 (quite a lot about him in Trove) who shares Plot 771 with what I believe is a brother, Edward Thomas Bowler, d. 19 Jul 2002.
            The World’s largest gravesite collection. Contribute, create and discover gravesites from all over the world. Memorials in Rookwood Catholic Cemeteries and Crematoria, a Find a Grave.

Beverley

Comment

Hi again. After a bit more digging around - Macbev. It appears you may be correct. Still have to go down this track later for all the references etc. This, however, has blown out of the water any relationship to a Governor General. Will be grilling the source at length over the weekend to see where she got her info. Will double check Debrett's at lunchtime but it appears we are still part of the great unwashed.

Comment

kilcummin ?

the mother of my 5 x great grandfather's wife, came from kilcummin ..

Johanna Reardon, according to the family tree book I have ..
                Last edited by the_colour_silver_82; 29-01-20, 23:11.

Comment

instead of editing my post I will add this, now that I know, or remember how to add a photo.
                  Page 59, Children Of Johanna Reardon Side A.jpg

Catherine's mum and grandmother were both born in that area.

Comment

SUCCESS. Thanks to the wonderful people at St Pats, Toowoomba I've found out that Deb's birth date was 1/10/1877 and baptised on 30/10/1877. Looks like the birth wasn't registered with the authorities, keeping up the fine Irish tradition of distain for authority.

Comment

Congratulations Tony. It's a great feeling when you get a break through like that Thanks for letting us know.

Beverley

Comment

Originally posted by TonyvD View Post
                        SUCCESS. Thanks to the wonderful people at St Pats, Toowoomba I've found out that Deb's birth date was 1/10/1877 and baptised on 30/10/1877. Looks like the birth wasn't registered with the authorities, keeping up the fine Irish tradition of distain for authority.

Well done. Good old Toowoomba. Radical Catholics there. I love them all. lol

Comment

Working...
                        X