This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post
    ive not heard of this before, however that wont stop me. ive set up a new blog to post them to and can use for other family tree bits
    What’s your blog link Amy?
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
      What’s your blog link Amy?
      Blog linked to my family tree, and things about it. There's no point asking the living for help as the dead are more useful!
      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

blog post

and the page
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thankyou Amy, I have had a read and posted some comments and its great that you have started to write your families stories

Comment

Great Stuff Carolyn!

Comment

It's great to see you back again and I'm really pleased this thread triggered your writing. Don't forget to add your magazine articles in to your site.

I remember your moving saga very well! (I also think I owe you a picture of Blake's Cottage which I had forgotten about.)
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I'm playing catch up but have finally started!

I started Week 2 but then got distracted as I found the Essex papers which cover Aveley have come online since I last looked. :D

(P.S. Ignore the Twitter feed as I am experimenting with whether to actually show it or not and where to locate it on the site.)
                Caroline
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

I started Week 2 but then got distracted as I found the Essex papers which cover Aveley have come online since I last looked. :D
                  easily done, isn't amazing how many family moved, must have been a massive thing then too. Or maybe it wasn't, perhaps they gave up a lot less to start again.

the 2 poems that i was sent about Geelong was a great insight
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                    It's great to see you back again and I'm really pleased this thread triggered your writing. Don't forget to add your magazine articles in to your site.

I remember your moving saga very well! (I also think I owe you a picture of Blake's Cottage which I had forgotten about.)
                    blake's cottage? doesn't ring a bell but maybe.

thanks for comments on blog.
                    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Week 2: Favourite Photograph all done.

I was going to add more and realised that (a) I'd already written quite a lot about this side so just added links and (b) save some for the other 50 articles!!
                      Caroline

Comment

you've got to pace yourself!

Comment

I've started this before and not got past week 5!
                          I'll give it another go and hopefully get to week 52 this time!
                          Elaine

Comment

I have just added favourite photo:

Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Perhaps we can encourage each other

Comment

Week 3 - not about my ancestors, I changed tack completely when I was looking for something about sheep farmers ... https://lewcock.net/week-3-long-line/

Happy 10th Birthday to our Reference Library!
                                Caroline

Comment

Inspired by this thread, I decided to have a go at using Blogger to share my 'as yet mostly unwritten stories' with family and anyone else interested. Snag Number 1 - I can't get into the site to even create an account Every time I try it goes into a loop, asks me to select which google account I want to use (I have two, one personal and one for work) then when I click the one I want it goes straight back to the first page. I have tried on my phone, ipad and laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get past this, or a different blogging site to try?
                                  Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Gardengirl View Post
                                    Inspired by this thread, I decided to have a go at using Blogger to share my 'as yet mostly unwritten stories' with family and anyone else interested. Snag Number 1 - I can't get into the site to even create an account Every time I try it goes into a loop, asks me to select which google account I want to use (I have two, one personal and one for work) then when I click the one I want it goes straight back to the first page. I have tried on my phone, ipad and laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get past this, or a different blogging site to try?
                                    Have you tried https://wordpress.com/ ?
                                    Paulc uses that.

You can get started for free and then as it grows you can pay more and get more for your money. You can have a blog or a website or both.

Or you could use our Blog area, although you need to look out for the amount of text for that and you'd be limited with layout etc. further down the line..

UPDATE: But, but , but - why not use weebly?
                                    Caroline

Comment

But, But, But ! Yes! That did occur to me after I posted. It might be the best option as I am already familiar with how it works.

Thank you
                                      Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

But, But, But ! Yes! That did occur to me after I posted. It might be the best option as I am already familiar with how it works.

Thank you
                                        No problem, It'll give us all a chance to enjoy your artwork when you post your writing. :D
                                        Caroline

Comment

I use both wordpress and have no problem with Blogger and find it by far the easiest, less decisions to make!

What first page do you mean? can you post screen shot? can do it by email if you would like or maybe something like messenger?
                                          this is blogger https://craftsbycarolyn.blogspot.com/
                                          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 05-02-20, 14:16.
                                          Carolyn
                                          Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                          X