X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 4: Close to Home finished.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you, Carolyn, but I think I'll go with weebly for now and see how I get on with something familiar.

@Caroline. I'm going to start a separate weebly so that art and family history are not mixed together. I might put a link to the art site somewhere though.
      Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
        Week 4: Close to Home finished.
        on a roll now, lovely reading
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Good effort Caroline
          My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Week 6 https://www.familytreeforum.com/entr...eeks-Same-Name
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

These make really interesting reading. Thanks for sharing them.

I have made a small start using weebly.com The design and layout options are quite limited but I can always look for something else later or pay for some upgrades. Please feel free to make any comments or suggestions, I won't be offended ;)

This is the story of Thomas and Catherine, our mother’s maternal grandparents. It is a tale of two people who travel across the world to look for a new life in Australia in the late 19th...
              Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's efforts - we're now into week 6 and I still haven't started.

Quickie question - are the FTF blogs picked up by search engines? I should know the answer to this but my memory is not so good these days!!
                Elaine

Comment

I' m not sure Elaine. I just wanted to put mine somewhere until I sort out my own blog. If I didn't put it there I know my project wouldn't have got off the ground.
                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                    I' m not sure Elaine. I just wanted to put mine somewhere until I sort out my own blog. If I didn't put it there I know my project wouldn't have got off the ground.
                    I know the idea is to share the stories but I'm not sure yet where to store them! I might end up printing them for my own use and sharing amongst the family at the end of the year.
                    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                      I'm really enjoying reading everyone's efforts - we're now into week 6 and I still haven't started.

Quickie question - are the FTF blogs picked up by search engines? I should know the answer to this but my memory is not so good these days!!
                      They might be! If your "My Settings" are ticked for guests to read, they are open to the public, but not sure about being picked up as it's early days yet and there are many similarly titled pieces out there :D

https://www.familytreeforum.com/blog_usercp.php.

UPDATE: Yes they are/will be - https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...4dUDCAs&uact=5
                      Caroline
                      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline.
                        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                          I know the idea is to share the stories but I'm not sure yet where to store them! I might end up printing them for my own use and sharing amongst the family at the end of the year.
                          i plan to make mine into a printed book, there are loads of web publishers that do it all for you once you've uploaded data and depending on size of book and b&w or colour prices can be quite cheap
                          **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

ive been onto the wikitree website linked to the 52 ancestors, this idea has been around years and there are soooo many themes/titles etc, yes some are repeated but many are not. i think i'm going to copy them down and use as and when. once i've got the list i will share on here (if allowed).
                            **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

I says I do not have permission to view :(
                              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 06-02-20, 17:11.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by Gardengirl View Post
                                These make really interesting reading. Thanks for sharing them.

I have made a small start using weebly.com The design and layout options are quite limited but I can always look for something else later or pay for some upgrades. Please feel free to make any comments or suggestions, I won't be offended ;)

https://ourpaststories.weebly.com
                                it is good
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                  That's odd, I made sure I was logged out.
                                  Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                    Same here. I get this pop-up:
                                    Karamazov, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                                    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Christine
                                    Researching:
                                    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                                      Same here. I get this pop-up:
                                      Karamazov, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                                      If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Christine
                                      It look as though Katarzyna needs to adjust her settings as will anyone who wants their blog read outside the forum. Thinking about it, I'd only looked on the forum and not tried the links on google and I can see it on the forum.

Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                                        It look as though Katarzyna needs to adjust her settings as will anyone who wants their blog read outside the forum. Thinking about it, I'd only looked on the forum and not tried the links on google and I can see it on the forum.

This is Caroline posting as figaro, an ordinary member testing account, and figaro doesn't see the blogs either.

Can you see the blog which figaro posted yesterday?
                                        Last edited by Guest; 06-02-20, 18:19.

Comment

Working...
                                        X