mayflower passenger list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mayflower passenger list

hope that link worked. I found it interesting. Somebody has done an interactive map of all the passengers and crew of the mayflower. So you can zoom into an area to see if there are any from where your ancestors were from incase there is a connection.

great way to display it.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks Gloryer.

There is a story passed round like a parcel on the internet that all Holdens in the USA descend from one Holden who was on the Mayflower. As you can see, he wasn't!

OC

Comment

glad somebody found it useful.

Comment

Very interesting and well set out.

Thank you
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Interesting though it differs from the list i have which i photographed from the inside of the Gardens of the Elizabethan house at the Plymouth Barbucan, where the Mayflower steps are highlighted. Foer example my list shows John Carver Doncaster Merchant whereas John Carver is down on this list as a Pilgrim Servant. I wonder where this above list came from as I would have thought that the Plymouth list would be more accurate.

Janet

Comment

there is another website with a copy of an original list that was made.

We have visited the Plymouth and the big statue, but didn't do the museum

John Carver:
              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 17-01-20, 15:34.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I am not much good at putting pictures up these days but if there is enough interest in this I am happy to send my photograph of the list to anyone who wants to play around with it though I think the last few names did not make it on to my photo as it was a difficult one to take! Many of my names have places they came from as well as occupations. I have been to the Plimouth Plantation in Cape Cod but I did not see any lists there. I havbe an American cousin named Soule who reckons she is descended from the Soule on the list but who knows...…...

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                  there is another website with a copy of an original list that was made.

We have visited the Plymouth and the big statue, but didn't do the museum

John Carver:
                  http://mayflowerhistory.com/carver-john/
                  Oh dear it gets worse! On that list John Carver is coming from Great Bealing in Suffolk. Ok so he could have eventually ended up as a Doncaster Merchant before joining the Mayflower but I do have my doubts!! Are these lists just being compiled by Ancestry users who are making a lot of guesses?? My latest ancestry hoot is one of my distant American cousins taking my family back all over the UK with the exception of Ireland which is where they did actually live!

Janet

Comment

Working...
                  X