An unexpected New Year gift from irishgenealogy.ie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unexpected New Year gift from irishgenealogy.ie

YAY! Fantastic news if you have Irish ancestors - below is from Claire Santry's invaluable blog - see https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/p/welcome.html
    I'm just about to dive in for the evening. Happy hunting everyone!

An unexpected New Year gift from IrishGenealogy.ie.

Images of Ireland's Civil Registration Marriage registers from 1845 – 1864 have (finally) been added to the site. This means all civil marriage registers from 1845 to 1944 are now online for free (see note below). Bear in mind that the pre-1864 civil records relate only to non-Catholic marriages.

Also in the delivery are the rolling 'top-up' years of the 1919 births, the 1944 marriages and the 1969 deaths.

So just one last haul is required – the death register images for 1864 to 1877 remain outstanding – and then free online access to Ireland's civil registration records will be complete, if still (unfortunately) subject to the 100-75-50-year 'rule'.

In a nutshell, these are the civil records now available on the site:

Births: 1864-1919: images and index
    Marriages: 1845-1944: images and index
    Deaths: 1864-1877: index only; 1878-1969: images and index

Note: The IrishGenealogy.ie database covers the entire island up to 1921. Thereafter, the records are for the Republic of Ireland only. For Northern Ireland's civil registration records, see GRONI online.

Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 08-01-20, 19:34.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Thanks for highlighting this - excellent news!
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

ooh thanks

Comment

I need the death records :(
        Is there any indication when they may be added?

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
          I need the death records :(
          Is there any indication when they may be added?
          Seconded. None of my line were in ireland by civil registration. But if i get lucky, one or two direct ancestors may have been alive post 1864.

Comment

Thanks Christine,

Am researching some an RAF crew at the moment and found a couple of records after coming back to this thread tonight
            Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
            http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Working...
            X