Sussex FHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sussex FHS

Hi all, Now that I have become interested in researching again, I thought it might be nice to join a society. I used to belong to a few back in the 80s and enjoyed being involved in recording and transcribing activities. I have noticed that there are a few Sussex based people on here and I wondered if anyone belongs to the Sussex Family History Society and goes to their meetings?
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Originally posted by Gardengirl View Post
    Hi all, Now that I have become interested in researching again, I thought it might be nice to join a society. I used to belong to a few back in the 80s and enjoyed being involved in recording and transcribing activities. I have noticed that there are a few Sussex based people on here and I wondered if anyone belongs to the Sussex Family History Society and goes to their meetings?
    I belong to them, I don't get to the meetings as the Bognor meetings closed but make full use of their Facebook page and Frontis, their baptism and burial indexes, and enjoy their magazine. I also belong to Hampshire and Oxfordshire societies at the moment.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I also belong, though due to work and family commitments I don't go to meetings. I find the online resources for members invaluable, joined the Facebook group, and have had a number of useful wills sent to me. I also transcribe wills for them and have taken gravestone photos.

Comment

I didn't know they had meetings in Bognor. I thought they were in Brighton. Even that is about 45 minutes from me but I'll have a look at their website and Facebook group and see what is on at the meetings.
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Would Uckfield be an easier journey for you?

Comment

Thanks, Jill. It's about the same distance but the programme looks interesting. I'll give it some thought

Comment

Working...
            X