No announcement yet.

FHL lookup request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re Lanham/Moyes - I have someone that seemed to have swapped from Fathers name to mothers name, and not particularly stuck with one. I did wonder whether it was just confusing as she was Jane Worth Proctor and sometimes she just called herself Jane Worth, or whether it was intentional to try and change name and confuse 'authorities'
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I have Charles:
      Name: Charles Catchpole
      Baptism Date: 10 Sep 1826
      Baptism Place: Bacton,Suffolk,England
      Father: George Catchpole
      Mother: Elizabeth Moyse
      FHL Film Number: 989541

but like you not found a William, only 1871 that is the Grandchild
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
        The only Thomas I can see on a census is 1851 and this has been mistranscribed - the name is Thirza. Did you have a baptism?

You are right, Thomas on the list was a transcription error that I had not corrected on the tree.
        Especially when it clearly states 'daughter' (DOH! )

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          1851 census,

I cannot find a census , birth, baptism or death for William either.
          The William was one of the two children I had mentioned that I had not confirmed as being connected to the tree or not in an earlier post to the thread (it came from 3rd party info).

We can now say that there were 11 children and not 13, with the Thomas and William I had mentioned as the two I had to double check, now confirmed as not of this family group.

Trev

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I went to order my Polish films at the LDS centre today completely forgetting that they have been unavailable since 2017 to order as they are still digitising them. Polish records won't be available for maybe a couple of years :(

However, I searched out the record you requested Trevor and it is marriage banns for Bacton. Images for Bacton Banns are to 1882 but unfortunately the marriages are only up to 1837. There are no Marriage Banns for Barham but I checked out the Barham marriages for 1860 and 1861 and the marriage isn't there.

Clark 2.jpg

The film has both Bacton and Barham records. As you can see the dates for the Banns are for Aug/Sep 1860 Bacton not Barham so I wonder is the transcriber muddled Bacton and Barham by mistake. (I had to check back and forward through the film to make sure I wasn't the one making the mistake.)
            The GRO gives Sep 1861 for the marriage. Either they waited a year to marry or GRO have the wrong Year transcribed.
            GRO has Hartismere as the registration district which would be correct for Bacton (Barham would be Bosmere Reg Dist )

I'm afraid the only way to check out the fathers would be to buy the certificate. Sorry I couldn't help.
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

England Marriages, 1538–1973 FHL microfilm 1658080.
              Walter Farrow
              Spouse's Name:
              Eliza Steggall
              Event Date:
              24 Jun 1860
              Event Place:
              Barham, Suffolk, England

Their Banns were on the adjoining page to yours (Bacton) and it has been transcribed as Barham as well but they married in Hartismere too so it does look like the transcriber made a mistake.
              Last edited by Katarzyna; 11-01-20, 15:44.
              Kat

Comment

A bit more proof(?)
                England and Wales Census, 1851

Name:
                Eliza Steggall
                Event Type:
                Census
                Event Date:
                Event Place:
                Bacton, Suffolk, England
                Registration District:
                Hartismere

Walter was born Bacton on censuses

It all goes to show transcriptions cannot be relied on - they are only a guide
                Last edited by Katarzyna; 11-01-20, 15:59.
                Kat

Comment

Working...
                X