Where did they live in Sheffield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did they live in Sheffield

I have people on 1901 and 1911 census. In between these dates they all got new partners.
    Is there any way of following where they lived between these dates. It would be Sheffield. I dont know much about electoral rolls or even if they had them then. There will be a visit to Sheffield early next year for a wedding so if there is anywhere to go that would be great.

Thank you
    Ann

There probably would be elecotoral Rolls at the archives but remember women didn't have the vote then.

If they had any children it could be on the baptism records or if you could find their marriages on parish records.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

there are some on Ancestry for Yorkshire. What sort of jobs did they have? any chance in trade directories?

Newspapers?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Forgot all about trade directories. Used them a lot at the beginning of my research when not all the census were on line
        Lin

Comment

Wondered if you had looked here?

Welcome to the Sheffield Indexers website providing free access to full online searchable genealogy records for Sheffield and surrounding areas
          Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
          http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thank you all. He was a miner so not on trade directories.
            Elaine I will look at the link thank you.
            Lin could you just tell me what archives you mean. Are they in Sheffield
            Regards
            Ann

Comment

Happy to look on ancestry for you if you don't have access.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Sorry Ann, but don't know Sheffield at all. I was thinking about Nottingham Archives when I used to go a lot having Electoral Records and thought the one local to Sheffield would have them.
                Lin

Comment

I Googled and this is what came up for Sheffield Archives - https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/li...tudies-library
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you all. My friend is going to contact the Sheffield Archives.
                    Carolyn thank you for the offer and if I may take you up on it after Christmas
                    Regards
                    Ann

Comment

Sheffield indexers sounds great, I did look out of nosiness and noticed a lot of the links wouldn't work on Chrome, so had to use MS edge. Looks like a wealth of free info on there.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                      X