Help please any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please any ideas

I am helping a friend out she has given me the following details and asked me if I can find her and do a family tree.

Rosina Harriet Manning
    DOB, 23 DEC 1884, (taken from Dec/cert)
    said to be born in London,
    Father, Charles Manning (taken from her MC deceased at the time of marraige, occupation Cutler)
    she died in 1971

I have looked and still looking but found no Rosina Harriet in the birth records, and the only Rosina I have found living with a father called Charles Thomas on the census returns is in Islington and he is a widow, MMN of children living with him is Kingston or a Rosina living in South London Surrey. As he has Thomas as a second name my friend is not sure plus his is a builder but as we all know occupations change a lot back then.

My friend cannot give me anymore information or confirm if the family I have found is the right one, only that it was always thought that a mystery surrounded her which does not help. My friend has all details going forward with her tree but cannot get back past Rosina.

So I M BAFFLED AND NOT SURE WHERE TO GO FROM HERE ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Gwen
    GWEN

Her birth was probably registered in Q1 1885, but I don't know if that helps!
    Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 10-12-19, 15:09.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

there are no births for that name in 1895 Q
      GWEN

Comment

If she was born under a different surname these are worth considering:

Rosina Harriet Bayley Q1 1885 Woolwich 1d 1300a
        Rosina Harriett Dudley Q1 1885 Holborn 1b 734
        Rosina Harriet Harris Q2 1886 Shoreditch 1c 57
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
          there are no births for that name in 1895 Q
          Sorry, typo, 1885.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

Rosina Harriet Bayley died the same year.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Thanks for that good idea but not sure how to prove its her Birth details

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
              If she was born under a different surname these are worth considering:

Rosina Harriet Bayley Q1 1885 Woolwich 1d 1300a
              Rosina Harriett Dudley Q1 1885 Holborn 1b 734
              Rosina Harriet Harris Q2 1886 Shoreditch 1c 57
              GWEN

Comment

If there is no birth registration for Rosina Harriet Manning for the DOB you have been given there are several possibilities:

1) The name is wrong - perhaps she wasn't Rosina Harriet; she might have been just Rosina or just Harriet; perhaps she wasn't a Manning as her parents weren't married
                2) The DOB is wrong.
                3) Perhaps her parents didn't register her birth.
                4) Perhaps the information on the certificates is incorrect. It frequently happens!
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

What census records do you have for Rosina, please?

Jay
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Have you got her in the 1939 register? is the dob is the same as the one you have and where was she living then?
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

is this her:
                      Name: Rosina H Norton
                      Marital status: Married
                      Birth Date: 23 Dec 1886
                      Residence Year: 1939
                      Address: 503
                      Residence Place: Dagenham, Essex, England
                      Schedule Number: 224
                      Sub Schedule Number: 2
                      Enumeration District: CCLV
                      Registration district: 191/1
                      Inferred Spouse: Paul E Norton

dob 2 years different, not that I can see a birth then either

although looks like it has been changed to 1885 on the sheet
                      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 10-12-19, 16:24.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

maybe a silly question - but her maiden name is definitely Manning? not a previously married name?
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

what about this one

FEMALE
                          Last name MANNING
                          Birth year 1884
                          Birth quarter 4
                          Registration month -
                          Mother's maiden name -
                          District St. Saviour Southwark
                          County London
                          Country England
                          Volume 1D
                          Page 21

Comment

1939 census has her birth as 1886 and up above it 1885. Looks like they couldn't decide what year she was born. Doesn't help much but another date for her birth
                            Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Sorry Carolyn, I have just repeated what you have said. Didn't refresh the page before adding.
                              Lin

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                                Sorry Carolyn, I have just repeated what you have said. Didn't refresh the page before adding.
                                no problem, still not found her even with different DoB, maybe could be the one Val found
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

are you sure the fathers occupation was Cutler? and not Butler?

Comment

As she was 35 when she married Paul Norton, I wondered if she was married before as suggested earlier. There is this marriage:-

Albert Ernest Manning
                                    Rosina Griffiths
                                    Mar 1906 Poplar.

They are on 1911 census together but haven't looked any further yet.

Back in a mo!!
                                    Lin

Comment

what about this in 1891

1891 England, Wales & Scotland Census

Crescent Road, Clapham, Wandsworth, London & Surrey, England

Rose Manning Nurse child Single Female 8 1883 Plumstead
                                      living with a Brown Family

Comment

Val, we keep finding things but we have no concrete evidence.

Further my post. Can't find Albert Ernest dying before 1921 but there are some Rosina Griffiths in the area on 1891 and 1901 census but not with father called Charles.
                                        Lin

Comment

Working...
                                        X