Inflation calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflation calculator

I always seem to be googling one of these when reading how much in a will, and some seem better than others, wondering what is your favourite?

there are a lot in this style

Use our inflation calculator to check how prices in the UK have changed over time, from 1209 to now.

but the national archives have put it in cows and sheep
    Try our online currency converter and find out how many animals, stones of wool and quarters of wheat you can buy, and how much you could earn.

wonder if there are any better ones?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

I have my own one! How many terraced houses in Manchester could you have bought at the time? Gives me a very good idea of their wealth.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
      I have my own one! How many terraced houses in Manchester could you have bought at the time? Gives me a very good idea of their wealth.

OC
      So you have the cost of a terraced house in each year?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Carolyn, no, not each year but enough to give me a rough guide.

OC

Comment

what a great idea.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
          X