Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exciting Irish genealogy news - if you can wait till 2022!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting Irish genealogy news - if you can wait till 2022!

From Claire Santry's blog:

Sounds interesting!
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Thanks Christine! - sounds excellent!!
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

but when will they finish digitizing the rest of the early Civil Registration? Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
        but when will they finish digitizing the rest of the early Civil Registration? Sigh.
        It's all gone very quiet on that front. Hard to be patient!

Christine
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

AH, THIS IS SO EXCITING! I have an Irish ancestor I've been dying to find the parents of for years now - maybe soon I can find them!!! :D

Comment

I don't see how this will help with everyday genealogy. It appears to be major historical records, manuscripts and government papers. Doesn't seem to be census records or any records to trace ordinary people.

Comment

This could be interesting though it all depends what they come up with. There are thigs like family letters that have survived in the USA that were sent from Ireland which may have fallen into American collections and vice versa. We went to Trinity College looking at Land Registers and they were very informative manuscripts detailing famine times so if they came into this category that would be great. I know that some Thurles land records are in Cardiff and if they were to become available that would also be a bonus.There are famine manuscripts for all sorts of areas and I have been lucky enough to find some of my ancestors on 1851 remains of Census so yes I can see the possible value but we will just have to wait and see what comes up.

Janet

Comment

Working...
              X