Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moses Barnett Hoey

Quote Originally Posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    There is a Moses Hay in the US born in Ireland, have you looked into him? seems to be a farmer
    No I don't think so. I don't have an ancestry sub but do have FMP currently so could you give me some pointers as to where in the US you found him so I can investigate?
    Thanks
    Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 03-12-19 at 22:57.
    Researching:
    HOEY
    (Co Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Co Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Co Tyrone and Strangford, Co Down)

Moses Hay travelled out to the US via Canada in 1873, with his parents William and Eliza Hay. William was a farmer, so unfortunately not your Moses.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Quote Originally Posted by ozgirl View Post
    Moses Hay travelled out to the US via Canada in 1873, with his parents William and Eliza Hay. William was a farmer, so unfortunately not your Moses.
    Thanks Linda,
    I didn't think it would be him - surname too far removed from Hoey to be likely, given that he would have been literate - but you can see I'm willing to grasp at any straw in order to marry or kill him off!
    Did you get the two emails I sent you on Saturday?
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY
    (Co Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Co Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Co Tyrone and Strangford, Co Down)

Yes thanks I did, been meaning to answer but things keep cropping up (had a very restless dog here today, hoping it's not coming down with something!) Hopefully have some time tomorrow, if it gives me a couple of minutes.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Do you have death certificates for William & Jane? Who were the informants? There is a tree on Ancestry that says William died 1873, when Moses will have been about 18. EDIT: No information about Jane other than a death in 1892.
    Last edited by teasie; 04-12-19 at 03:10.

Quote Originally Posted by teasie View Post
    Do you have death certificates for William & Jane? Who were the informants? There is a tree on Ancestry that says William died 1873, when Moses will have been about 18. EDIT: No information about Jane other than a death in 1892.
    Yes, those dates are correct - I have death certs for both. The informant for William was his daughter Margaret Hoey Hill, whilst the informant for Jane was a son, Thomas Guard Hoey. I also have marriage certs for all the children but Moses is never a witness. Sigh!

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY

Oh well, it was a thought! Have you tried finding out what records PRONI has for the Belfast Model School? It appears in their catalogue but without any indication of exactly what they hold: https://apps.proni.gov.uk/eCatNI_IE/ResultDetails.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by teasie View Post
    Oh well, it was a thought! Have you tried finding out what records PRONI has for the Belfast Model School? It appears in their catalogue but without any indication of exactly what they hold: https://apps.proni.gov.uk/eCatNI_IE/ResultDetails.aspx
    Thanks for the suggestion - hadn't thought of doing that but have found an item in the catalogue for Belfast Model School covering the years 1860-1870 - no indication of what it covers - but will add it to my list for next time I'm in Belfast. I love PRONI but always run out of time...
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY

wonder if the parents left a will ? he may be mentioned.

Val

Quote Originally Posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    wonder if the parents left a will ? he may be mentioned.
    No, unfortunately they didn't.

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY