No announcement yet.

Change of Surname

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, then he became Charles Dennis by 1881 census.

Comment

Been handed down in the family I believe. I don't think there's any paperwork.

Comment

Would he have had to stay as Fitzpatrick if he went in the military, he was assigned to India in the 1850's or Charles (Fitz) wouldn't have been born there.

Comment

According to Ancestry there is a John Dennis in India at that time, can't see anything like birth, birth place or family to tie him to you.

I assume as the Fitz bit is hearsay - it could be anything really - a maiden name in the maternal line
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Hi PDenniss,
            If you are replying to a particular post can you use the "Reply With Quote" otherwise it is difficult to see which post or poster you are replying to or asking a question of
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
              Hi PDenniss,
              If you are replying to a particular post can you use the "Reply With Quote" otherwise it is difficult to see which post or poster you are replying to or asking a question of
              Okay, sorry didn't realise

Comment

Working...
              X