Anybody help with German Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody help with German Records

Would really appreciate some help with my Great Grandfather, Adam Muller, have never been able to get back from the first time he appears in 1877 marrying my Great Grandmother Emily Kemp

Adam Muller
    on marriage he says he is full age a Dyer and Father a Turner

he was born abt 1852 Germany.

Any tiniest bit of help would be so appreciated thanks.

Val ..............

Have you looked an Family Search. That's where I've found quite a lot of German/Polish etc records?

Was he naturalized? It may be possible to find the papers.

Once or twice, I've managed to find an entry into England, though I've forgotten where I found the record. Perhaps on FMP???
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Is this him in 1891??

Because now he says he's a Musician. In 1881 He said he was a Dyer of Seal Skin Fur

Adam Muller Head Married Male 39 1852 Musician Germany
      Emily Muller Wife Married Female 30 1861 - London, Middlesex
      Charles Muller Son - Male 12 1879 Boot Maker London, Middlesex
      Elizabeth Muller Daughter - Female 11 1880 Scholar London, Middlesex
      Alexander Muller Son - Male 9 1882 Scholar Poplar, Middlesex
      Rose Muller Daughter - Female 2 1889 - London, Middlesex

Lived on Nelson Street, Mile End Old Town
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I looked at Apprentice tax records, London Freedoms, and All UK, Naturalisation Certificates and Declarations - no joy, but it never hurts for someone else to take another look.

Val, can you find him in directories?

Comment

His name could be Muller with an umlaut over the u, or written Mueller

Comment

Thanks all , and Sylvia I do have him after the marriage and up to his death and burial, just would love to find him before 1877.

also should have said Father was also Adam Mueller/Muller

Never found any naturalisation records, nothing.

Comment

If you have him after marriage, do subsequent censuses give any more details in Germany for his place of birth?
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:
              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks for responding Elizabeth, no nothing, and not knowing what his trade was before he came here ,and also not understanding German, I dont know which may be him on passenger lists etc.

Comment

if you've got any German stuff you don't. understand val, id be happy to help.

I've got a similar situation....2 German born immigrants marrying in poplar. around this time.

luckily, I do have birth places for one side, but not for the other

the problem with both unknowns is that we've both got very common German surnames....müller and dreher ....im meeting a friend tomorrow who's much better at this stuff than I am and she's managed to find her husbands German family to way back in germany who came to Britain at a similar time, so ill pick her brains.

good luck

Comment

ooh greyingrey that would be great,
                    I know this is going to sound stupid but, if he came here from Germany ,would he have gone to America first, what would the route be?
                    And is this the German word for Turner?? Besetzung
                    thanks

Comment

Are you the lady who does/did German lookups. I saw somewhere a message about German lookups but can't find it now?

Comment

Originally posted by dottydreen View Post
                        Are you the lady who does/did German lookups. I saw somewhere a message about German lookups but can't find it now?
                        dottydreen greyingrey hasn't been onsite for quite a long time, you could try sending her a PM though.
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I thought that might be the case because against her name I saw an old date and no other messages. Do you know if there is anybody else who does lookups in Germany? I've only just rejoined FTF and am eager, if possible to tie up some loose ends.

Comment

I thought that might be the case because against her name I saw an old date and no other messages. Do you know if there is anybody else who does lookups in Germany? I've only just rejoined FTF and am eager, if possible to tie up some loose ends.
                            Not sure dottydreen you could always put up a query on Family History Research. Have you tried Pm'ing her?
                            Julie

Comment

dottydreen I've sent her a PM for you.
                              Julie

Comment

I've heard nothing back re: "German" stuff. For some years now I've tried to find out when Oscar Charles & Eliza Jane Dietrich passed in Berlin c1911. Nothing on Ancestry/Family Search etc., or to be more correct nothing I could definitely say was either of them. I sweep them under the carpet but they keep coming back, Oh, I would love to find them and possibly information on some of the children not tracked either. I have all their information when they were in the UK but great gaps when they upped sticks for Germany .

Comment

I've heard nothing back re: "German" stuff. For some years now I've tried to find out when Oscar Charles & Eliza Jane Dietrich passed in Berlin c1911. Nothing on Ancestry/Family Search etc., or to be more correct nothing I could definitely say was either of them. I sweep them under the carpet but they keep coming back, Oh, I would love to find them and possibly information on some of the children not tracked either. I have all their information when they were in the UK but great gaps when they upped sticks for Germany .
                                  I use a researcher based in Berlin, i can PM you his email? You can email him what you know and what you want, and he can give you a quote?

Surprisingly, since the destruction of WWII, Berlin has a lot of surviving records.

Comment

That would be great if you can put me in touch.

Comment

Really Great !! dottydreen it would be better if you PM'd kylejustin personally with your email address, I've removed it from here for your safety.

Last edited by Darksecretz; 05-10-23, 13:41. Reason: removing email addy

Comment

Of course, how silly of me, thanks for doing that.

Comment

Working...
                                        X