GRO Index Update - England & Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO Index Update - England & Wales

I noticed yesterday that the GRO have now updated their Death Index online to include 1984-2019. They are also in the process of adding more records.

Unfortunately the results for this period only includes year of birth & not the full birthdate.

I see that you can order a certificate or an MSF+certificate. I assume I am being dense but what does MSF stand for please? I have Googled but still can't find out apart from a possible 'Multilingual Standard Form'?. Does anyone know what form this takes please?
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 09-11-19, 09:29.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

From GRO site

Multilingual Standard Form (MSF)

Multi-lingual Standard Forms may not be recognised by EU Member States once the UK has left the EU. Individuals should contact relevant authorities in EU Member States to check whether they will accept MSFs post-Brexit.
      An MSF will translate specified fields from your certificate of a civil registration record held or issued by the Registrar General for England & Wales and for Certificates of No Impediments (CONI’s) (issued by a Superintendent Registrar employed by local authorities) into the official EU language that you require.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...images/CG6.pdf
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 09-11-19, 10:09.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks Kat Never heard of those before.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

and they have changed the 'form' so the year is at the top, and you have to select a year first, not sure why they needed to move it
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            and they have changed the 'form' so the year is at the top, and you have to select a year first, not sure why they needed to move it
            I'm sure I'll soon get used to it but its slowing me up a lot at the moment. Keep going to the wrong box! No idea why they had to change it.
            Anne

Comment

I also noticed when submitting an error report for the birth index, they have now included a selection box for births 1984+, so that must coming soon too.

I think the box for year at the top could be because the new 1984-2019 indexes are in a separate database from the 1837-1957 entries.

Comment

Have they still got the very restrictive +/-2 years limit for searches and having to do males and females separately?

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                  Have they still got the very restrictive +/-2 years limit for searches and having to do males and females separately?
                  Yes, that's still there but I have got used to it and can go through a family's likely birth years quite quickly.
                  I usually select the 0 and 5 years, it doesn't take long.
                  Anne

Comment

Working...
                  X