X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past free this weekend

Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

So has ancestry. Better find something else to do this weekend LOL

Comment

I was just thinking that, GL :D
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Yesterday afternoon FMP ground to a complete stop while I was on a roll with some research. I had to give up and do housework!! Very frustrating for paying subscribers.
        Anne

Comment

Thanks Carolyn

Ive just found this for Florence Mable Judge but cant read what it says as informant, I can see Arthur but not the other writing......

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

Anyone help please - Thank you
          Jacky

Comment

Usual chaos! I have been unable to download any images since yesterday afternoon. The tab for downloading has completely disappeared! I'm very miffed.

I queried this and I don't like the explanation I was given on Facebook!

"The download button has been disabled during the free weekend to optimise site performance. If you go to the My Records area of the site you can click on the camera icon against a record, this will open the image on your pc and you can then save it to your pc. I will turn off comments as this relates to site issues during the free weekend and problems should be addressed to Support."
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Husb Arthur same a/d ....... looking below probably same address?
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Immediately before Arthur is Husb, probably husband and that may be correct as he is apparently of the same address, Just what Gov means in the column for Informant, I have no idea. Sorry.

merleyone

Comment

Thanks so much Ladies. He was a Major in the army, he married her in India where she was born and brought her here.Her family disowned her because she married him.......He was still in the army at that time!!

My grandmother Florence baffles the hell out of me;)
                  Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
                    Usual chaos! I have been unable to download any images since yesterday afternoon. The tab for downloading has completely disappeared! I'm very miffed.

"The download button has been disabled during the free weekend to optimise site performance. If you go to the My Records area of the site you can click on the camera icon against a record, this will open the image on your pc and you can then save it to your pc. I will turn off comments as this relates to site issues during the free weekend and problems should be addressed to Support."
                    that is rubbish - hard cheese to subscribers then :( and I love the fact that they don't want anyone to know they can't cope :( grrrr
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                      Thanks Carolyn

Ive just found this for Florence Mable Judge but cant read what it says as informant, I can see Arthur but not the other writing......

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

Anyone help please - Thank you
                      I agree with everyone that Husband is nearest relative and he lives at some address as she has been admitted from. I wonder if gov it means the governor of the institution is the name of the informant, it looks like a lot are either this or G.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

That is so rubbish! If they advertise free access (and why not?) they should make sure the site can cope, which it clearly can't as evidenced yesterday afternoon with the 'Whoops Error 500' message continuous from about 2pm.

Anne

Comment

Anne, it's so frustrating, and I feel as though I have been gagged.

Unfortunately, the My Records area of the site isn't updating any more so anything I'm viewing isn't appearing on there. I did manage to download a few images for baptisms for a family I'm researching, but the rest I can't access.
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:
                          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Re. downloading problems: I clicked on the right arrow over the image to go to the next page and then clicked back and, hey presto, the download button was there. It worked a treat for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
                              Re. downloading problems: I clicked on the right arrow over the image to go to the next page and then clicked back and, hey presto, the download button was there. It worked a treat for me!
                              Wow! Thanks - you've made my day!
                              Elizabeth
                              Research Interests:

Comment

I'm getting this now POOH!

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure
                                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Yes, so am I!

I really feel subscribers get a raw deal when these free weekends are on.
                                  Elizabeth
                                  Research Interests:

Comment

Yes, so am I!

I really feel subscribers get a raw deal when these free weekends are on.
                                    Sometimes FMP have added extra days onto subs after free weekends - hopefully they will again!!
                                    Caroline
                                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                                    X