Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth place??

Hello,

Would any of you lovely people like to have a go at transcribing the bith place of John Austin (Hawstin) - 5th from bottom - ?? Oxon?!
    It's written down as it looks like it's transcribed as Ainsom - wondering if it should say Eynsham (nr Witney)??

Thanks
    Last edited by tessie31082; 03-11-19, 18:29.

I've had a quick look on streetmaps but not found anything else like it.

I've found Kingwood next to Rotherfield Peppard and Tetsworth the other side of M40. Nothing else pops up.

We go that way to my sons in Reading so recognise some of the names.

Someone local could probably help better
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Lin, I'm as local to these places as probably anyone and I've not heard of this place as transcribed. I wonder if they said Eynsham and it was mis-heard as Ainsom?

Thanks for looking

Comment

If the enumerator wasn't well travelled he could put anything which he thought he heard.

Good Luck
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks Lin - I'm only thinking that as I have found a birth record for a John Austin in Witney which is not that far away at all from Eynsham!

Comment

I haven't found anything and it does look like Arisom to me. BUT the writer doesn't do his other upper case As the same way on other words. No help, sorry.
            Anne

Comment

The enumerator has a large lower case a for a capital elsewhere so is that an A?

However it could be Eynsham makes sense, I have someone in my tree that was born in Chooks berry....Tewkesbury
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

is it somewhere in Oxon ?

Comment

you already have this sorry
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-11-19, 20:41.

Comment

Working...
                  X