Elizabeth Fountain b.abt. 1740 York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Fountain b.abt. 1740 York

I am not sure whether i have already asked for information regarding Elizabeth Fountain if I have please forgive me.

I am still trying to find out whether Elizabeth married and if so who?
    The information that I have of her up to now is that she had a son Richard b 1776 at Pocklington near York. I did go to the Borthwick Institute at York University and saw a copy of the baptism certificate which just read Richard son of Elizabeth born on this day 1776 no mention of a Father so I am assuming that she wasn't married at the time of Richards birth.
    I can not find any records of a Elizabeth Fountain being born in any of the surrounding villages of Pocklington, York
    The nearest birth record that I can find regarding Elizabeth is 25th Sept 1740 in York and her Father called Samuel Fountain.
    There is a marriage for a Elizabeth Fountain to a John Lofthouse on the 28th Sept. 1781 at Saint Cuthbert's York but not sure that this is my Elizabeth.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards

Tony Suter

On FMP the record for the bp is indexed as at Wilberfoss, 25 Feb 1777 If you're not familiar with the area, Wiberfoss is a village about midway between Pocklington and York.

Same Yorkshire database has a record of a marriage between John FountainS & Elizabeth Nicholson 28 Feb 1776 at York St Lawrence by licence. Licence could have been because the two parties lived in different parishes??

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
    X