No announcement yet.

Louie Richards- Mission Impossible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he was born in Paignton, Devon? There are census records and war record with this place of birth. War records has same birthday but year 1896, must be same man?

Henry John and John henry
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 24-10-19, 23:48.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
      Oh, just realised - whose will was it in 1972 where she was mentioned?

OC
      I though it was John H Foster??? " In a 1972 Will she is listed as Louie Foster,"
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 24-10-19, 23:50.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Just for info - my grandmother went to nurse her sister, she had TB, and married her sisters husband after her death.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

The stoker that died was John not John henry.

Stoker 2nd Class FOSTER, JOHN

Service Number C/KX 122429
          Died 25/07/1941
          H.M.S. Achates
          Royal Navy
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Got the Stoker Foster wrong! I think that our man is John H. who died in 1988. Lotties daughter Patricia May Best died in Gravesend in 1985.

Can we now say that Louie married Lottie,s husband, everything points to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
              Could be Frederick Foster.
              Thanet Times 4 feb 1975
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]20321[/ATTACH]
              that seems likely, thought Louie wouldn't be that common!
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by toby blight View Post
                Got the Stoker Foster wrong! I think that our man is John H. who died in 1988. Lotties daughter Patricia May Best died in Gravesend in 1985.

Can we now say that Louie married Lottie,s husband, everything points to this?
                I would say so, you could get some will at £1.50 it might confirm things. Although looks like Margate one isn't right, which makes sense if she predeceased husband.

or marriage certs
                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 25-10-19, 00:28.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

the birth dates on 1939 census match dates on death for Louie.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

I will order the marriage cert. for Louie in 1955, I see that on Free bmd that her name is given as "Louis". Will let everyone know when I get the Cert. it takes at least 3 weeks to get to me here in Oz.

Comment

Kat post #22.

If JHF,s will was dated in 1972 he can't have died during the war, is what I was going on to say.

OC

Comment

O.C. The 1972 Will relates to a Charles Mill, Lottie, Louie,s mother was Elizabeth Mill and their married names are Foster, Lottie died in 1953 so her share went to her daughter, Patricia Best. Louie was still alive so she got her share in this case John Henry,s name would not appear in the Will.

Comment

Working...
                        X