Robert Kutscher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Kutscher

Robert Kutscher was b.1840 in "prussia" or "germany" according the 1880 and 1900 illinois censuses. He was married in 1871 in cook county to louise lakemacher (1842-1896). She has a headstone on findagrave. Robert is probably the bar tender in missouri in 1870.

Ancestry trees have his father as george friedrich kutscher. I can't find any document that gives his actual birthplace or parents names, though a few trees have ascribed a baptism record from saxony to him. I have a dna match with robert's descendant, and this father does fit my own tree, i just want proof. One of the census states robert's father was born in hanover, which is also correct, if he is my man.

I assume you have looked on Family Search?

They seem to have a lot of German and Prussian records.
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
      Robert Kutscher was b.1840 in "prussia" or "germany" according the 1880 and 1900 illinois censuses. He was married in 1871 in cook county to louise lakemacher (1842-1896). She has a headstone on findagrave. Robert is probably the bar tender in missouri in 1870.
      Have you found a DC for Robert? or know anything about his death? By 1910 (and a few years earlier), Illinois DCs had a space for the deceased parents' names and POBs. FS is a good source for transcribed Illinois DC's.

Comment

Also - was he naturalized in either of the censuses? Naturalizations after 1906 had a lotta of info, but not so much before then. But even those gave country of origin.

But Illinois marriage certs are pretty useless :(
        Last edited by PhotoFamily; 21-10-19, 18:00.

Comment

For anyone else who may be looking, here's a link to the 1900 census:

and a public tree on Ancestry, which reports he died in Germany:

1900 says he was naturalized, but no idea when. Haven't found on Ancestry or FS an index or actual record for that. Perhaps he naturalized in Missouri, and those records from those places might not be online. Chicago records are also hit and miss.

Finding DC records for his kids might be useful. I had an uncle's Chicago DC which named the town in Antrim that the deceased was from (a big breakthrough at the time). but it was the deceased, so maybe not.

Comment

I have searched on familysearch. I can't find the death, and the marriage seems to be before surviving records in cook county. One or two of the kids death certs are indexed but the one that asks for his birthplace just states "prussia".

Can't spot any naturalisation record, but the 1900 census states he came over in 1842, which would be wrong as his family stayed in germany. I think he may have come through ellis island in 1910, as a few of the details match, and the address in germany he is from is close to where his probable family was.

But i have yet to find anything to prove the town of origin or the father's name.

Comment

Working...
            X