Bombing Britain, an air raid map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombing Britain, an air raid map

This looks an interesting new site ..........

I wasn't sure where to post this, so please would a Moderator move it if necessary
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Just get a blank map :(
    Anne

Comment

Map not working for me either, not sure what the site is about, it says a resource for libraries.

shame it looks interesting :(
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Me neither.

Comment

The link worked at first for me - we do already have one for London in the Reference Library, not sure if this is an updated version or not and no time to check at the moment.

UPDATE: This new link uses Flash and so may come up blank and won't work at all after Dec 2020!
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

oh dear...will look on PC later
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Worked on PC. Looks interesting but I only found basic information about each event. I guess you then have a date to look in newspapers or CWGC anyway.
              Anne
              Edit to say. Yes, with the date of the bombing I was able to find (on CWGC) the civilian who died in our village in 1943. Poor bloke must have thought he was pretty safe in rural Cumberland.
              Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 17-10-19, 12:05.

Comment

I cross referenced Stockton with what is on our Heritage site and it is not accurate, Take 19th June 1941 for example, this link says that no one was killed or injured and yet our records show that 2 Soldiers were killed. I also know that my own Grandmother was one of those injured by shrapnel as a toddler and she still had the scar on her neck the day she died. https://heritage.stockton.gov.uk/art...ckton-1940-43/ (Apologies if I'm not allowed to include the link)
                Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Thanks, Sylvia. It shows that bombing was much closer to my village than I realised (rural area just north of Reading). We have my grandmother's 1943 diary and she mentions bombing in Reading that year.
                  Jenny

Comment

I well remember the bomb that landed near my house on that Christmas Eve .... I was 4 years old.

I managed to find access to documents, but not the map.
                    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Working...
                    X