Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Row Birmingham?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where 'Central Row' was in Birmingham UK at all please? [and yes I realise that it would probably be central in Birmingham city centre. :smilee: ]

just trying to pinpoint where my grt grandparents lived!

thanks for reading.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

there are old maps on here:

when did they live there? and can you give a few neighbouring streets from the census?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

found a street list to say it is off Pershore Street, not found it on a map though!
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Hi Carolyn,

I'm not sure I haven't found them living at the property on a census.. it's more for curiosities sake, this was 1904 and by 1907 both my grt grandparents were dead.

edit to say... Ahh I'll have a look thank you...
        Julie

Comment

ahhh they also lived on Irving Street and Bromsgrove street... and their son lived on Inge street where the 'back to backs' are. Didn't move too far then really..

will have a look now to see if I can see that row on NLS maps..

thank you :smilee:
          Julie

Comment

I don't know Birmingham so no help really!
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
              I don't know Birmingham so no help really!
              I'm getting better at it! been a few times shopping and the like!...

:smilee:
              Julie

Comment

I need to go fabric shopping there one day
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

I need to go fabric shopping there one day
                  tbh the rag market was a bit of a let down. It's just before Smithfield fish market. [if that is the one I am thinking of] St Martins Church is just behind the Bull Ring and is a beautiful building.
                  Julie

Comment

Barrys fabrics is supposed to be good as well, a few blogs about and youtube videos
                    Here is one:
                    littlesquish.co.uk is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, littlesquish.co.uk has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Have you found Central row, Pershore Street yet?
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

This is Pershore Street today. The only one in Britain apparently.

756545AB-30DC-442D-AB56-9EA9338D50E6.jpg

Comment

I have found it on several old maps but can't find Central Row.

found this website that has links to several maps:
                        William Dargue A History of BIRMINGHAM Places & Placenames from A to Y
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

I think it’s actually Centre Row? Here it is in 1891.
                          OS Map name 014/05
                          Map of Birmingham and its Environs. Originally published by Ordnance Survey, Southampton, 1884-1891.

7867C296-CE9C-4AC8-808B-06DDB57B9C6B.jpg

Comment

ooh good find, I can see it on the census now
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Barrys fabrics is supposed to be good as well, a few blogs about and youtube videos
                              Here is one:
                              littlesquish.co.uk is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, littlesquish.co.uk has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Have you found Central row, Pershore Street yet?
                              erm no...lol

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                              I think it’s actually Centre Row? Here it is in 1891.
                              OS Map name 014/05
                              Map of Birmingham and its Environs. Originally published by Ordnance Survey, Southampton, 1884-1891.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20293[/ATTACH]

OMG GL !!!!! thank you I can now see that it ran almost parallel with Hurst Street.. which is on the corner with Inge Street [B2B's]

Centre Row.... I've just checked the birth cert it does say Centre and not Central!! oops an also the baptism says Centre Row... :emb:
                              Julie

Comment

so funny, was off Pershore Road though, so the PDF I found this morning probably said centre too doh!
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

so funny, was off Pershore Road though, so the PDF I found this morning probably said centre too doh!
                                  LOL!!! yep.. I do appreciate you taking the time out to look though.. just wish I knew for definite what happened to at least two of her sisters! they just seem to be a little bit difficult to pin down.
                                  Julie

Comment

Working...
                                  X