ancestry common ancestors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry common ancestors

I was enjoying using the ancestrys dna common ancestors feature but mine hasnt worked for several days and I am wondering if they have stopped this for non subscribers. Does it still work for anybody else please?

Not sure about needing to subscribe now but mine haven’t worked properly for over 6 months now. The common ancestor between a 2nd cousin and myself was my 2xgt. grandfather but now it’s little ol’ me, crazy!!

Comment

Only just getting into Ancestry DNA since OH's results came through. I got the Common Ancestors several days later, popping up one by one. I did notice that they only appear for those matches who have a tree of some sort, but otherwise they seemed to be working.
      Anne

Comment

oh I wish mine was working. I was making my way through them all putting them into groups and consulted my aunt about one that is a match with her and told her how to find the common ancestor and now its not working so dont now if she understood what I was telling her...

Comment

This what you will get now:

If it's different have you done the usual clearing cache, different browser etc.? There have been updates which your computer may not have caught up with. I have had to change browsers sometimes during and after updates, although it usually settles down on Chrome eventually.

Presumably your tree is at least searchable if not public? Otherwise you won't get the common ancestors etc. at all.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I may be wrong but I vaguely remember Ancestry saying some features would be available to non subscribers for a short time.
            Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
              I may be wrong but I vaguely remember Ancestry saying some features would be available to non subscribers for a short time.
              They did but it looks as though the time is up. It was last spring that they (ThruLines etc.) first appeared as beta and it hasn't been in beta since July.
              Last edited by Caroline; 07-10-19, 08:52. Reason: Got date wrong
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                oh I wish mine was working. I was making my way through them all putting them into groups and consulted my aunt about one that is a match with her and told her how to find the common ancestor and now its not working so dont now if she understood what I was telling her...
                gloryer ... do you mean the common ancestor leaves have disappeared? Thought at first you meant that you weren't getting any more. If they have gone altogether it does look as if it could be because you don't subscribe to Ancestry.
                Anne

Comment

Working...
                X