Marriage look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
    That's the one I was looking at last night, Elizabeth is as Tootell 1871 in Trimdon and brother Thomas.

Looking at it, there is only one Joseph Potts 1901 I can see in London, our man; I can't account for this marriage on FMP

Q4 1896 Stepney
    Joseph Potts to Catherine Elizabeth Ely, Ann Sissons
    I can't see them on the census either.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post
      An interesting entry though, as Essex Street (No 18) was one of the addresses on the Removal Order
      That is why I thought it was right, there are several entries that match with the addresses on the order, so assumed I was on right track. Maybe his wife died, but can't see it with a glance.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        Living in my home town! Yes, it looks to me as though it's him. PoB is Castleside on this and also the 1911. Castleside is near Consett.

The road they were living on, Kingston Street, isn't there anymore, but if any of you watched Benefits Street a few years back [Kingston Road, Stockton], that's the exact area.

Comment

That is why I thought it was right, there are several entries that match with the addresses on the order, so assumed I was on right track. Maybe his wife died, but can't see it with a glance.
          Sorry if I'm being slow, but the entry you snipped had Sarah on it too.

Comment

I'm trying to decide if Joseph Potts, Service No. 3892 & 266156, Middlesex Regiment is him. Birth year given as 1877, and addresses listed as 84 Welbury Street, Dalston (Hackney), 31 Casterton Place, Hackney (Demob address), and 14 Barnsley House, Barnsley Street, Bethnal Green. Unfortunately its one of the burnt records so some information is lost.

Comment

There's a newspaper report in 1922 that I think may be the son. The headline is 'Twenty Policemen To Arrest One Man', the man being Joseph Potts, carman, 25! It mentions him being outside a house in Essex Street, then going inside & coming back out with a big log of wood and threatening to bash the policeman's brains out with it. He then wrenched out some iron railings and threw them at the police, and later on threw glass, flower pots and pieces of iron at them. Blimey!

Comment

Sorry if I'm being slow, but the entry you snipped had Sarah on it too.
                sorry went to bed!
                I found marriage for Joseph junior before 1922, and thought he would be with wife as in post 45, I can't find a death for her. or maybe she too young to get on there then, I think you had to be over 30 so that would make sense, until 1928.
                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 30-09-19, 08:21.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

There's a newspaper report in 1922 that I think may be the son. The headline is 'Twenty Policemen To Arrest One Man', the man being Joseph Potts, carman, 25! It mentions him being outside a house in Essex Street, then going inside & coming back out with a big log of wood and threatening to bash the policeman's brains out with it. He then wrenched out some iron railings and threw them at the police, and later on threw glass, flower pots and pieces of iron at them. Blimey!
                  ooh, sounds nasty, what had he done. certainly sounds like him
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

I'm trying to decide if Joseph Potts, Service No. 3892 & 266156, Middlesex Regiment is him. Birth year given as 1877, and addresses listed as 84 Welbury Street, Dalston (Hackney), 31 Casterton Place, Hackney (Demob address), and 14 Barnsley House, Barnsley Street, Bethnal Green. Unfortunately its one of the burnt records so some information is lost.
                    I found reg of electors
                    1907 and 8 at Wickham street
                    1912 Mill row
                    1921 Essex Street
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

in 1923 there is only Joseph Henry Potts in Essex street

then in the 1930s there is a Jospeh Henry Potts in 56 Oldfield street with Joseph Thomas Henry and Mary Ann Louisa
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

then in the 1930s there is a Jospeh Henry Potts in 56 Oldfield street with Joseph Thomas Henry and Mary Ann Louisa
                        That family in 1939 are Joseph Thomas H Potts born 1875 with his wife Mary Ann Louise nee Wright who he married in 1906 and the son Joseph H Potts born 1917 -
                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I'm not really 'on top' of this thread but has someone discounted this death please? As I can't find a likely birth and the age is almost right isn't it?

Deaths Mar 1926 - Potts Joseph H 27 Shoreditch 1c 47
                          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 30-09-19, 10:01.
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I didn't like the look of the Oldfield Street lot, so glad that has discounted them.

Elaine posted the Death post 76
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                              I'm not really 'on top' of this thread but has someone discounted this death please? As I can't find a likely birth and the age is almost right isn't it?

Deaths Mar 1926 - Potts Joseph H 27 Shoreditch 1c 47
                              Post #76 identified this as the son's likely death, but we don't have absolute confirmation.

Comment

Looks like his death :( I don't know if Val had a death to start with.

I can't decide if this is senior?

Elizabeth is from Chorley

Name Age
                                George Potts 29
                                Elizabeth Potts 23
                                Henry Potts 3
                                Living in my home town! Yes, it looks to me as though it's him. PoB is Castleside on this and also the 1911. Castleside is near Consett.

The road they were living on, Kingston Street, isn't there anymore, but if any of you watched Benefits Street a few years back [Kingston Road, Stockton], that's the exact area.
                                How funny they are in your home town

Joseph Henry (George Thomas) is just Henry - which is what is confusing
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Blimey you have all been busy I cannot keep up, am getting old you know , shall be reading through and making notes.
                                  That Newspaper report looks interesting too.
                                  Thanks all

Comment

London, England, Electoral Registers, 1832-1965 for Joseph Henry PottsShoreditch and Stepney Shoreditch and Stepney 1921

A confusing entry, as Jospeh married? maybe it is not them
                                    Ooh! Well found. Amazed that since I sloped off to bed last night the amount of info found has growed like Topsy.

Comment

I still don't know where Joseph goes after Sarah's death though - can anyone else find him? He had a torrid few years by the looks of it, with his wife, son & daughter all dying:

KEEN, SARAH aged 43 GRO Reference: 1922 J Quarter in SHOREDITCH Volume 01C Page 114 (also on FreeBMD as Potts)
                                      CLAYDEN, SARAH aged 21 GRO Reference: 1923 J Quarter in SHOREDITCH Volume 01C Page 61
                                      POTTS, JOSEPH HENRY aged 27 GRO Reference: 1926 M Quarter in SHOREDITCH Volume 01C Page 47

Comment

I still don't know where Joseph goes after Sarah's death though - can anyone else find him? He had a torrid few years by the looks of it, with his wife, son & daughter all dying:

KEEN, SARAH aged 43 GRO Reference: 1922 J Quarter in SHOREDITCH Volume 01C Page 114 (also on FreeBMD as Potts)
                                        CLAYDEN, SARAH aged 21 GRO Reference: 1923 J Quarter in SHOREDITCH Volume 01C Page 61
                                        POTTS, JOSEPH HENRY aged 27 GRO Reference: 1926 M Quarter in SHOREDITCH Volume 01C Page 47
                                        I saw the death for daughter Sarah, I did wonder if her husband is in the reg of elector that I put up earlier, spelt Claydon. He remarries. I hadn't found the death or Sarah Keen. He maybe with one of the other children.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

• so much has been added I've lost the plot, thanks all, am slowly going through it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X