Cant make out text??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant make out text??

I'm having difficulty making out all the text for item 2 on this photo. All I can make out is "Taking a (word) (word) (word) Wagon" Anyone else have better luck?
    Attached Files

No sure but 'Taking a fatigue man onto wagon'

Is it something to do with the army. Just looking at no 3 that made me thing.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks Lin that seems to make sense. And yes it's from his army service record.

Comment

Taking a fatigue(d) man on the wagon.

OC

Comment

Reckon it is fatigue OC. The word means in service parlance, a man who is doing a specific task or possibly an onerous one and I guess that he wasn’t supposed to be given a lift. The whole extract looks like an extensive rap sheet.
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Originally posted by grumpy View Post
            Reckon it is fatigue OC. The word means in service parlance, a man who is doing a specific task or possibly an onerous one and I guess that he wasn’t supposed to be given a lift. The whole extract looks like an extensive rap sheet.
            Yes agree with you grumpy it definitely looks like "fatigue" He sounds like a "very slovenly" solider, I mean "trotting his mule along the road" what a bad soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew193 View Post
              Yes agree with you grumpy it definitely looks like "fatigue" He sounds like a "very slovenly" solider, I mean "trotting his mule along the road" what a bad soldier.
              .... AND parading with dirty harness!!
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

That’s what I had thought too - a list of his “offences” LOL

Comment

Working...
                X