Robert Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Phillips

Hi guys, can I possibly use you as a sounding board for an Ancestor please?
    I think I've mentioned this guy on here before but anyway...
    I followed the usual route from myself, Mum, Granddad etc all the way up to the Baptism of William Phillips in 1772, Bishop Auckland.

Ancestry, Family History and Durham Records Online all indicate that William's father is a Robert Phillips, subsequent baptism's in the same decade for 6 other siblings all confirm this. I found a marriage for a Robert Phillips and Margaret Raey in the same location in 1768 and I have also found Margaret Phillips death in 1814 with a status of widowed and birth in 1741 Tanfield but I cannot for the life of me find a confirmed birth or death for Robert Phillips.

Last night however, I found a possibility of one which is where I'm hoping for your help.

Is the baptism of Robert Philips in ALL SAINTS,NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE 1750 with a father named William Philips my guy?

Various possible siblings names do match those of my William and I know it's a tradition in the Phillips family to name all of your kids after your siblings (annoying)
    I have also found the marriage of this Robert's parents in the same location as well. William Philip & Dorothy Craggs 1746.

Or am I just clutching at straws after more than 2-4 years of searching?
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Hi Sarah,

if it were me then i'd follow up this chap and his parents/siblings etc.. that way you can either discount him or prove that he is yours. [maybe make a tree for him too] might help discounting/proving etc..
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have done all of that I'm afraid. I am literally stuck.
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
        I have done all of that I'm afraid. I am literally stuck.
        are there any wills? Do you think that Robert could have remarried? rather than Margaret being a widow? [divorce expensive]
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
        X