Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20th century American relations

If you have 20th century US relations this may be of interest:
    Free access to Ancestry US School Yearbook records. I've just spent a happy couple of hours finding photos of various relations as youngsters, where previously the only photos I had, if any, were photos from online obituaries. Interesting to compare the younger and older versions.

Tip from my searches just now: it helps to use the exact place option to restrict the number of results you get.
    You may have to sign in to ancestry.com to avail of the offer.
    Do you wonder what your relatives looked like in high school? Explore millions of yearbook photos from high school, college, and more on Ancestry.

*Users will be able to access the featured collection for free until 02 Sep 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collection using a paid Ancestry Membership.

Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 28-08-19, 00:15.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

So THAT’s why ancestry was worse than useless last night when I was trying to search UK census and BMD indexes

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
      So THAT’s why ancestry was worse than useless last night when I was trying to search UK census and BMD indexes
      There were problems with ancestry from about 7.15pm BST yesterday - I was getting a banner message when using .com saying they were experiencing issues, although I didn't have any problems. As it's not a US public holiday I doubt millions of Amercians were feverishly searching the yearbooks - more likely one of their occasional glitches rather than volume of traffic...Now resolved according to downdectector.
      Christine
      Last edited by Karamazov; 28-08-19, 12:07.
      Researching:
      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Spent a few minutes looking up my mother's generation. Only the younger ones made it to graduation. the older ones probably dropped out to work on the farms.
        Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Working...
        X