No announcement yet.

marriage cert Bedwelty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't understand why they would marry twice, which is why I wondered if they travelled together on the ship or met afterwards. Although if the tree I looked at was correct they married only months after arriving?
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 28-08-19, 13:42.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

is this what you have as a time line? apart from marriage 1872 is wrong
      Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 13.48.30.png

That was the birth that I saw yesterday and could see mothers maiden name was not what we were looking for. Then saw the John Sullivan no fathers name, so wondered if this was in fact your John.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Did they travel together?
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Comment

cbcarolyn
          unsure if they travelled together but i seem to recall mention they did, will need to prove
          denis arrived in 1877 and they were married jan 1877
          the john in your post 42 has a birth date 1873 newport the one i have has 1874 in dist of tredegar
          i think until i get access to records and the copy im waiting for im chasing my tale
          but i will appreciate any leads or ideas in the meantime
          Brian
          avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
          researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

Originally posted by 2weis View Post
            cbcarolyn
            unsure if they travelled together but i seem to recall mention they did, will need to prove
            denis arrived in 1877 and they were married jan 1877
            the john in your post 42 has a birth date 1873 newport the one i have has 1874 in dist of tredegar
            i think until i get access to records and the copy im waiting for im chasing my tale
            but i will appreciate any leads or ideas in the meantime
            Brian
            I agree a couple of certificates will hopefully sort out red herrings.

I have looked at the children born in Duncans tree (if they are correct), and I don't like the sound of a 'John' as can see that they are using family names and first born would more than likely be a Dennis.

I don't have access to Australia records there are many on Ancestry, but would look to see if they were travelling together and with children (maybe John was travelling)

Do you know why John is included at all?
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

John Callaghan born 1873, mmn Murley, which looks to correspond with a James CALLAHAN to Margaret Murley in 1864 Newport.

OC

Comment

ship he sailed on:
                http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/672469London
                Depart Date
                Wednesday, June 7, 1876
                Destination
                Port Adelaide
                Arrive Date
                Thursday, August 31, 1876

there is an M sullivan age 18 (miss)
                , but also a J sullivan age 21
                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 28-08-19, 16:04.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

actual list is here:

First name I think is Mary, but could be May?
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

the John i have reference too died (1875) before they departed
                    i will look into the new references
                    thanking all once again
                    Brian
                    researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

the marriage cert proved to be unrelated
                      will look at all other ideas given
                      yhanks for the assistance Brian

Comment

So it wasn't for any other family member either, that was a shame.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

carolyn
                          not as far as i can tell at this stage, but as im learning anything is possible and who knows what will eventuate.
                          Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X