lallie raleigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lallie raleigh

can anyone find anything on the lallie raleigh (paleigh on fmp) b.1859, kingston jamaica in the 1911 census? 340 king st, hammersmith, london. she states widowed, married 13 yrs with no children. a servant in a private agency. i can't spot her at all in other records.

It has taken me about 15 minutes searching on both Ancestry and FMP, with no success ....... and have finally found her on FMP by omitting her BIRTH year and the address!

Lallie Paleigh, age 57, born ca 1854, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.

Post Occupier
    Address:- 240 King Street

I think the image actually says PAST Occupier

Her surname is also Raleigh on the image

The image also has 340 King Street written on it under Lallie's signature .......... which appears to be an error on her part, as the next image is for a family living at 340 King Stree
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

For some reason, the transcriber on Ancestry has Lallie as living with the family on the next image, James Egan head
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I can't see any other records for her

Comment

Some Electoral Roll records on Ancestry
          Lallie Raleigh
          1912/15 16 Hall Gdns Acton
          1913 1 Hyde Park Chambers, Westminster
          1823/24 10 Park Mansions Arcade, Knightsbridge

London City Directory
          1915/1920 147A Knightsbridge SW Dress Agency
          1925 10 Park Mansions Arcade, Knightsbridge SW1 Dress Agency

Vera

Comment

thank you for looking. so nothing prior to 1911? odd.

Comment

I can't see her anywhere either other than found above by Vera and the 1911 census, I love the fact that she has a dress agency in Park Mansions Arcade, sounds really interesting
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

and 1909 reg of electors, so on her own then
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

there is something in the 1870 census - I only have Uk sub, could be her?
                  Name Lallie Reilley
                  Birth
                  abt 1854 location
                  Residence
                  1870 city Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA

I assume not old enough for marriage though so not likely
                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 26-08-19, 14:24.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Still looking, found this advert 1922 just as an aside
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Elaine; 26-08-19, 21:30.
                    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

What else do you know about her Kyle? You must have other info in order to have found her on the 1911 census.
                      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Do you know if she actually married, I wondered if she could add the 'Mrs' to improve her status in the circles she wanted to be in?
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

I was looking for any lallie b.1859 in jamaica in the census. My ancestors second wife was a sarah anne elizabeth, called lallie (down as sallie once in census), present in 1891 and 1901 censuses. She says she was b.1859 kingston, jamaica. She disappears after 1901 and i can't find a marriage to my ancestor. Was hoping later records might help with a maiden name and the marriage. Came across this lady, and she is conveniently mysterious.

Comment

The earliest I can find her is in the 1908 Kelly's directory and also on the 1908 Electoral Register

Comment

Working...
                            X