George Rankin Garvagh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Rankin Garvagh

I'm looking for help with finding out more about the man listed above. According to Lord Garvagh's leases he was born in 1824 in Garvagh and his brother Leslie Rankin (Carpenter) was born in 1826 (Information obtained by user Aghadowey on another topic). Their Father was called James Rankin and he too was a carpenter/architect.

I would like to discover more about George Rankin as i cant seem to find much about him.

I would also like to discover more about James Rankin like when he died and if he had any other children besides George and Leslie.

Any help whatsoever would be much appreciated. Thank you.

what have you found?

Comment

To save duplicating research, there’s a lot about this Rankin family on this site:

Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Yes, i also put up that thread on the other site. I am however looking for separate information on this site.

I only know that George was born around 1824 and his Father was James, i don't know who his mother was.

Thanks to both of you for replying.
        Last edited by rankpin; 14-08-19, 13:25.

Comment

Came across a will of a William Scott 1793 with the Rankin family mentioned, thought it might be worth noting looking at the family names

Last edited by Elaine; 15-08-19, 20:35.
          Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
          http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thank you Elaine. All of those Rankins are linked to my family. Maybe George didn't live long at all. I know that James Rankin (Father to George and Leslie) was alive in 1846 as he is listed as a carpenter in Garvagh according to Slater's Directory.

Comment

Can anyone else help with this? My hobby for this social distancing is to attempt to break down the research walls I have hit previously! I appreciate any form of help whatsoever. Thank you all.

I have found a George Rankin born in Ireland living in Pennsylvania, as per the 1870 US census and he had a son called Leslie................... I checked the marriage cert and George's father is William...I know the answer is out there, I just cannot find it!
              Last edited by rankpin; 31-03-20, 22:12. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Working...
              X