Agnes Lee, Dumfries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agnes Lee, Dumfries

Please can any one find anything about the ancestors (not descendants) of this lady?

Agnes Lee, born c1794 , probably Dumfries.
    married, 1808 in Dumfries to Charles Graham.
    died, Dumfries 1859, aged 65yrs,

On her death certificate it gives her parents as John Lee, shoemaker, deceased and Mary Thomson.

There is a large monument to her memory in the churchyard of St, Michael's church, Dumfries.
    After the mentions of the deaths of her children there is another, possibly later, inscription which is for her mother Mary Thom(p)son who died in 1849.

I've been searching for years but can come up with nothing more. Can some clever person find anything else please?

Many thanks.
    Cath.

Sorry but I am away from home for funeral today so no time to look for you but have a suggestion. It wasn’t till the early c20th that the portion of what we call Dumfries that lies west of the Nith was merged politically with the main town and everything right up to the river bank was in Kirkcudbrightshire not Dumfriesshire. Try changing the county to see if that turns up anything.
    Here’s a parish map to help you. Concentrate on Troqueer and Terregles initially and then work out from there to Irongray and New Abbey.

Last edited by GallowayLass; 07-08-19, 08:43.

Comment

Thanks. I'll have to try that but as she was married etc, in the centre of Dumfries town I don't hold out too much hope.
      Thanks again.
      Cath.

Comment

Working...
      X