Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Rogers born 1910 in UK, emigrated to British Columbia 1928

Hi Vera

My goodness, I had no idea he had another Christian name, its not on any info I have! The records you found are certainly correct given the parents names

Thanks very much

Please could you tell me how I can find the record of their son's birth, I am hoping he may still be around, or his children if he had any. I don't know what his name is so is there some sort of searchable birth register, like we have in the UK?

Best regards
    Wendy

James Joseph's death cert can be found on this site

Royal Museum BC Canada

Informant son. I wont transcribe as he could well and I hope be still alive

Vera

Just seen the death certificate! It names his son as James. Thats a great result Now I have a name, I can hopefully try and connect with his son if he is still around.

Thanks again for your help
    Wendy

Sorry Christine for repeating. You were over the page

Vera

Image of marriage record that Vera found is here:
    https://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/D...1-80489e0826ce

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY
    (Co Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Co Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Co Tyrone and Strangford, Co Down)

I think I may have found a current address and phone number for the son but can't post it here as it belongs to a living person.
    If you PM me I can send you the details

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY
    (Co Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Co Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Co Tyrone and Strangford, Co Down)

Wonderful Christine, thats lovely thank you.

Well, if his son was born soon after they married in 1938 that makes him potentially around 80. I shall have to get my skates on to see if I can find him.

Goodness knows where to start.

Best regards
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by Wendysroom View Post
    Ok will do
    I've sent you the details. What do you think?

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY

Looks good to me Christine, I think I will make contact perhaps first by telephone and then maybe write, how exciting!

I can't thank you all enough what a result

Best regards
    Wendy