No announcement yet.

UK Wills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pining for the days when I used to go to the High Holborn search room twice a year, heave the ledgers about to find wills, fill in the order form, get it checked by the clerk, pay the cashier, return the forms to the clerk and wait about an hour for the will - to think that I thought it a long process!

Comment

The will I'm waiting for was due 9th August, does anyone else have an order nearly a fortnight overdue?

Comment

Yes mine are the 8 and 9th, so should be next ordered 23 and 24 July
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thankyou Carolyn. I've got a lot of wills from 17th & 18th century Sussex on Familysearch to play with in the meantime instead of twiddling my thumbs!

Comment

The will that I received last night had been due on the 7th.

Jan

Comment

That's encouraging JLB, they're nudging forwards then.

Comment

How are people doing on their wills? I have some that were due 22/23 August. wondering how much longer it might take.
                Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I was also wondering how things are going. I've got some due 25th Aug and going away Monday. Looks like I will be waiting till I get back or even longer.

I hope to order some more today. Can afford to be a bit nosy at £1.50.
                  Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

The first one I ordered was on the 27 July, due 11 August, and I am still waiting:(

Chris
                    Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Thanks Chris. Looks like we will all be waiting a lot longer yet
                      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Still wating for one due 9th August.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is much information given in an administration rather than a will?

Comment

Just the name and address of the person to whom it was granted.

Comment

Aw shucks!

Thanks Jill

Comment

Soemtimes you might be lucky and get an administration with will annexed (if for instance the executor has died or like one I have, a DIY will which did not name an executor) in which case they are worth getting.

Comment

I took a chance at requesting one - as only £1.50, and I had not seen one. It told me nothing new as I had already got the death cert, but thought there was a slim chance! Interestingly it is the only one that has come although all requested at some time 24th July
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                  Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Two ordered 24th July - due 8th August not arrived yet. So goodness knows when the two ordered 19th August and due 3rd Sept will arrive.
                                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

The last of the 10 wills that I ordered on 23rd July came through on 19th August. I ordered 15 more wills on 12th August with a predicted delivery date of 27th August and the only one that has come through did so after 2 days as it was from last year.
                                      Elizabeth
                                      Research Interests:
                                      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                                      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I ordered my half dozen on the 10th, due 25th August. My thinking was that I would wait until the initial excitement died down - that didn't work too well. :D
                                        Caroline
                                        Caroline's Family History Pages
                                        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

At £1.50 I imagine the initial excitement could by a long 'initial' Caroline:D
                                          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 31-08-19, 09:35.
                                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                          X