No announcement yet.

UK Wills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say I am so glad I ordered a batch just after Elaine first posted. I don't want to sound smug or anything but the first ones I received have reached the end of their download time. I must just have ordered at the right time, the longest I had to wait was 2 days over. From your comments, like Caroline, I don't think there's much point in waiting to put in another order when things die down and just do it.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

If you have more to order I would do it now and forget about it for a couple of weeks. They are so far behind that it will take a long time to catch up. I have ordered 3 batches of 6. Now sorted out a few more. Will order today or tomorrow as am away from Monday to Friday this week and can forget about them. I am sure most people are ordering far more that direct ancestors with them being so cheap. Maiden aunts or couples without children will probably give the best info.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I ordered mine (9) on 28 July and money debited from bank account on 29 July.

I received one within a couple of days and then nothing. I left it until 15 Aug and sent a message to ask about the rest. On 22 Aug I received 2 messages, one to say they were inundated and it would be a while and another to say they could not trace my payment/order and to let them have the authorisation code. I didn't have one so contacted my bank to see if any code appeared on my bank payment. Luckily they had a code (I don't know if it is the one they need) and I forwarded it to them. A few days later they confirmed receipt and said they had forwarded it to the 'relevant' department. That's where I am at the moment, still waiting. I don't know if mine is an odd case because of the lost code or if this has happened to anyone else!

Bev
        Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

Think I'll wait a bit!
          Anne

Comment

I ordered my wills on August 10 ..... expected by August 25...... still waiting
            Glad of this thread to let me know that everyone is STILL waiting.
            They will probably arrive while I am away in mid Sept.
            As long as they arrive eventually I will be happy.
            At about $2.50/will I will order til the cows come home ;)
            Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Hi Everyone

Just wondering what the situation is with wills. My first batch were due on 25 Aug. Are we getting anywhere near there yet?
              Lin

Comment

Mine due 8th August and second lot 3rd Sept ....no sign of any yet.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Chrissie

Thanks for that. Will be a nice christmas present by the time they arrive.

The last lot I ordered are due on 16th Sep!!
                  Lin

Comment

same for me.

You would think they would put a big banner on the site about the delays. They must now be fielding phone calls instead of working on the wills
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I totally agree Carolyn.

If they said it would take a month for them to come and arrived in 3 weeks we would all be happy. It's the not knowing that is annoying.
                      Lin

Comment

re my previous post - still waiting. Sent them e-mail to see if there was any progress but, apart from the standard response, no more news. If I could find a phone number I would ring and ask for the remainder of my money back and apply again in 6 months' time!

Bev
                        Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

I got one of mine about 4.30 yesterday evening. Just as I was too busy to look at it.

It was 1988 so quite a new one. Didn't tell me much but confirmed what I had put on my tree.
                          Lin

Comment

When did you order the one you received? ...... as in How close are tthey to the ones ordered August 10? It has been a month. But at the price of $2.50/will it is a bargain. I remember the day when I went to Somerset House on a trip to England in the late 80s. One found the will in a big book, ordered it, waited a short while then picked it up and paid 25p/page... a bargain souvenir of my trip to London. 25p paid for the printing but none of the labour involved. I wonder how the procedure works today. Does someone still have to go down to storage, find the will, store it digitally then email the results? Imagine working there. It would be a perfect job for me.
                            Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

The one I received yesterday was ordered 30 Aug. Some said on an earlier post that the newer ones are already scanned so are arriving a lot quicker. Still waiting for some ordered on 10th Aug. They are having get them out of storage and scan them. I can't seen them getting that many done in a day!

Think we will all have to be patient but its very hard
                              Lin

Comment

I'm still waiting for mine, I ordered three on the 27th July with expected delivery date 11 August.
                                Jane in Herts

Research Interests
                                Bennett - Shepshed, Leicestershire. Danks -Surrey/Worcs. Pullan - Stockton, Sunderland
                                Coulman - Surrey/ Lincs.

Comment

How is everyone doing receiving their wills. I've had a couple arrive but the original ones due for dispatch in 15 Aug still haven't arrived. One I received last week was put on line at 7.05 in the evening so looks like they are doing overtime now.

Good luck with them and hope you all find some interesting snippets from them
                                  Lin

Comment

nothing here mine due to arrive 8 August :(
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Like Oldgirl, I am still waiting for the one ordered on the 27th July and due on the 11th August.

As they say...Patience is a virtue:D

Chris
                                      Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

I am really surprised that they still don't appear to have put a message on their website apologising for the long wait. The ten working days is now about 9 weeks for my first two.
                                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Chrissie

The first ones I ordered to arrive 25 Aug still have arrived, I ordered another couple to arrive on 5 Sep and haven't seen any sign of them, The couple I ordered to arrive 14 Sep have arrived and one for 19 sep has arrived.

Think the original ones have been buried under all the newer ones. Not good enough that they haven't made an announcement is it.

Good job we aren't waiting for the postman as we did with certificates a few years ago!!
                                          Lin

Comment

Working...
                                          X