Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: UK Wills

I still have not got the first will I ordered, and am getting more recent ones still. Anyone still have their old wills outstanding?
    Carolyn

Researching:Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon
    Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Plant, Skinner - Lincs ....all moved to London
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

The oldest one I am waiting for should have arrived on 16th Sep.

All the older ones arrived in the last 2 weeks so hopefully not much longer for you to wait.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Still waiting for one I ordered that should have arrived 8th August. Otherwise have got the others ordered either same date or later.
    p.s. The one I haven't got yet is the one I wanted the most lol.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 13-11-19 at 10:19.
    Chrissie

Blog Entries
    I am in a circular "chat" about the one they didn't send - they keep telling me to reorder with the correct details, I keep saying I would do but their system will spit it out because they insist it isn't there as it is incorrectly indexed.

I am sending instructions of where to find it including print screens with the same response and anyway why should I have to pay again?

It's taking several days for each reply from them .... anyone else trying to order from the same pages will have the same problem.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates

I ordered one mid sept i received a few days ago.

Still waiting for the first one I ordered on the 27th July, due 11th August.
    I did receive two I ordered on the 16th August on the 30th October.

Chris
    Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

I wonder what is holding up the ones that several of us ordered earlier? I'm fascinated to know how they are working the system.
    Chrissie

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
    I wonder what is holding up the ones that several of us ordered earlier? I'm fascinated to know how they are working the system.
    me too. I felt bad contacting them, I just wondered if they had messed up and the first lot were marked as done when they weren't. They have replied a week after contacting them, and am fairly sure they didn't check my order just that they were swamped. So I was still not certain if they really hadn't messed up.

Very disappointed with their process and lack of organisation, gives govt agencies a bad name Then all govt/;local govt get tarred with same brush.
    Carolyn

Researching:Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon
    Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Plant, Skinner - Lincs ....all moved to London
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

It's interesting, but frustrating for those still waiting for those early wills, as to why they are taking so long. I ordered 3 on 22 August and 1 on 25 Sept. All arrived between 1 and 6 Nov. I wonder if a batch that arrived on a particular day or a batch of early ones without a folio no. got deleted by mistake? I mean it's really odd they can't find them but we can
    Kat

Some of my favourite genealogy treasures are what my ancestors tried to hide!

Oh I do hope they haven't lost them The only one I am waiting for is my granddads and I have always fancied seeing that. I was 6 when he died and I remember Mum buying me my first watch, an Ingersoll, and telling me that it was a parting gift from Granddad.
    Chrissie