UK Wills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Wills

Not sure if this has been mentioned but just noticed a change in the cost of ordering/downloading wills from the UK Government website.
    Was previously £10 - now £1.50.
    Elaine

Thank you for that, Elaine ;) Excellent news, which I shall be taking advantage of at the very reasonable new price.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks for the update....and a good bit of news it is as well, Elaine. Thank you
      Jacky

Comment

Woo Hoo. Now I won't feel guilty at obtaining twigs on tree 'wills'. Thank you for the update.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Thanks for that Elaine. Will certainly be ordering some for my twigs as well.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Wow, thanks, just let me get my list...

Comment

Thanks Eaine - this is amazing! My evening has now changed radically and I've ordered several wills...with more to order later tomorrow.

Comment

very interesting, thank you
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Wow thats amazing thanks

Comment

I wish it were divorces, I still have a few of those to get but nothing of worth in probate to go for.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Thank you Elaine The first two ordered. I'm sure I shall think of a few more.
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I have ordered 10! Lots more to get....
                        Elizabeth
                        Research Interests:
                        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Sounds too good to be true! Hope it’s not an error on their part!!
                          Last edited by Punchs mum; 24-07-19, 14:10.

Comment

Order what you want in the next 12 months as the price could change again:

Family historians can now order copies of their ancestors’ probate records for just £1.50 via the government website
                            Elizabeth
                            Research Interests:
                            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Great news, prices going down for a change that’s a novelty, ordered five, thank you GRO
                              My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

i too have ordered a couple, anyone know how to get a report of all the people in my tree (on FTM) that have a will record attached. I do have roots magic so maybe I could try there too.
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

First one downloaded today, only taken a few days
                                  Last edited by Paulc; 26-07-19, 18:38. Reason: Typo
                                  My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                    i too have ordered a couple, anyone know how to get a report of all the people in my tree (on FTM) that have a will record attached. I do have roots magic so maybe I could try there too.
                                    In rootsmagic you can do a "find everywhere" [binoculars icon] search - just insert the word will or probate or whatever word you might have used and it will generate a list of all the locations found and the relevant associated people. [While I use this search item a lot I do find it a bit clunky as it searches not just the database items but all the attached docs and images. I just wish I could do the search only on the database alone]

I've ordered 23 wills already and been able to download only 1 so far...maybe there's a large queue!!!
                                    Last edited by Bertie; 27-07-19, 12:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
                                      In rootsmagic you can do a "find everywhere" [binoculars icon] search - just insert the word will or probate or whatever word you might have used and it will generate a list of all the locations found and the relevant associated people. [While I use this search item a lot I do find it a bit clunky as it searches not just the database items but all the attached docs and images. I just wish I could do the search only on the database alone]

I've ordered 23 wills already and been able to download only 1 so far...maybe there's a large queue!!!
                                      I used rootsmagic to get a report - thank you, I don't have that many in my tree, so will recheck.
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

Comment

Have we caused a lot of work for them, mine have not arrived and are now over the estimated date. How is everyone else doing?
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                        X