Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: UK Wills

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    I don't have mine for the 24th of July - guess I better send a email then
    I wouldn't bother - Peter just said that from his observations it's just getting better:

"Will log-jam seems to be easing
    Judging from recent contributions to the discussion on the LostCousins Forum the Probate Service (or rather, their contractors) are at last beginning to clear the backlog of wills, many ordered as long ago as July, and supposedly due for delivery more than 2 months ago."

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates

Born in London but now living on East Sussex coast
    All mine have now arrived and I have sent in for a few more. Glutton for punishment!

Bev
    Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting for my August 10 order of 4 wills. I wish they would send a note to say they are working on it BUT that would take a lot of time to send a note to everyone still waiting that would be better spent working their way through the orders. Oh dear about hiring outside help to catch up. Maybe the One pound fifty cost won't last.
    Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

In the last few days, I have received 12 of the 16 wills ordered Jul 30, due Aug 14.
    Glen
    HAILEY, PATEMAN, HOLT, KIRBY, WILSHERE, HOWARD, CARTER, LATCHFORD, BACON, MADDOCK, HIDE, BENNETT, WELLS, GRUNDON, WRIGHT, WA(O)RMAN, IZ(Z)ARD, ROBINS, BARKER - Herts
    PATEMAN, KIRBY, LATCHFORD, MADDOCK, GRUNDON, WALKER(MOODY), BALDOCK, ARNOLD- Beds
    CRICKMORE, DOWNING, HAGGAR, MOYSE, MAYHEW, BRANSON, JAMES, BULL, PITTOCK, - Suffolk
    CANNELL, GORBEL, GOWING/EN, SALLOW, JOHNSON -Norfolk HAYES - Co.Offaly ROI

That's good, Glen. I hope they have been useful.

All the wills I ordered on 23rd July came ages ago. I think I was one of the first to order. Then I ordered 16 more on 12th August. They were due on 27th August. One came very quickly as it was from a couple of years ago, but I suspect I still have a wait for the others. I have more I want to order too.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
    That's good, Glen. I hope they have been useful.

All the wills I ordered on 23rd July came ages ago. I think I was one of the first to order. Then I ordered 16 more on 12th August. They were due on 27th August. One came very quickly as it was from a couple of years ago, but I suspect I still have a wait for the others. I have more I want to order too.
    Still waiting for mine which were ordered in mid August ....
    Caroline

Still only had one of mine ordered 24th July and waiting for the other. No sign of the ones ordered 19th and 31st August.
    Chrissie

I'm still waiting for my first lot due 25 Aug but have had some of the ones I ordered after then but the first ones were direct ancestors which will hopefully be useful to me.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

No sign of mine ordered 6th August and no response to my query email either, despite getting the inital reply that said they dealt with queries in 2 days!
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    I was very excited to see that one of my wills ordered 10th August had arrived. Nope - rejected because there was no folio number so I have to reapply and repay. According to their instructions if there is no number leave the box blank - which I did, so a stroppy email has gone to them.
    Caroline