No announcement yet.

UK Wills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine were due exactly a month ago today - no sign of them. Actually I'd forgotten all about them.:D
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
      Chrissie

The first ones I ordered to arrive 25 Aug still have arrived, I ordered another couple to arrive on 5 Sep and haven't seen any sign of them, The couple I ordered to arrive 14 Sep have arrived and one for 19 sep has arrived.

Think the original ones have been buried under all the newer ones. Not good enough that they haven't made an announcement is it.

Good job we aren't waiting for the postman as we did with certificates a few years ago!!
      ditto for me, 2 old ones no sign, one with est time of delivery 24 Sept on time, this was one from 1898 - so not a recent one.

I guess I need to chase it.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

is everyone else getting more recent orders now, and the old ones left behind? I don't want to waste their time if they are on it, but wondering if there has been a blip, and I need to point out the problem!

You would think they would put up notices.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

I sent an email in the week and got an immediate response:

"Dear Customer,

We are sorry that it has already taken us longer than 10 working days to send copies of your documents and that you had cause to make your complaint.

We know that our service hasn’t met with the time commitment we gave and that this is disappointing. We are experiencing very high demand for copies of wills, which means it is taking us significantly longer than usual to provide copies requested via gov.uk.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and the frustration that this delay is causing. Please be assured that we have your request and understand how important this is to you.

We are working hard to get the service back on track and to provide a more realistic timeframe for responding to requests for copies of wills when there is very high demand."

No sign of my wills, though!
          Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 28-09-19, 09:34.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Go to the "Contact Us" tab on the website. It asks you for an order number.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth - it looks like they know they are in a mess, I will just wait and see then. Have another one to order, so will order it now. Be interesting to see when it turns up.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Where does one find an "order Number" They were ordered August 10 and still waiting. I did send in a request and got the same reply as Elizabeth Herts.
                I also ordered certificates from Manitoba Vital Statistics.... forgot all about them .... and was reminded when I went to check my bank statement.
                Sent them a note on Monday and still waiting for a reply.
                Glad these are only certificates and wills for genealogical purposes.
                Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

I ordered my first 3 wills on the 10 Aug and still waiting.

I have ordered a couple at a time since them and a lot of them have arrived. I feel the earlier ones have been buried under the masses that arrived later.

Will let you know if any of my first one arrive.
                  Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I ordered several on 23rd Sept and confirmation said they'd be despatched in about 10 working days !!!!

If there's such a backlog why are they still quoting 10 working days for copies ???
                    Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 03-10-19, 09:23.
                    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Finally got one of the ones I ordered on 24th July.
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Well done Chrissie. Hope it was helpful to you.
                        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Good on you Chrissie. I ordered mine on 27 July - so hope they won't be too long now. I have another 7 I have yet to order!

Bev
                          Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                            Well done Chrissie. Hope it was helpful to you.
                            Actually I was going to say be careful what you wish for. I was shocked to discover something about someone I loved and was close to. I know who visited and who looked after her the most and was shocked to discover that someone else (who I also loved) had received most of it and the person who had done the most was to get a share with many others of what was left. I can't imagine why and I was close to all those involved. I am now waiting for another one, ordered on the same date with trepidation!
                            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

one of mine has just arrived, so just waiting for the earliest now
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Good news - in the past 2 days I have received 3 of my outstanding wills, only another 5 to go. Maybe they have got it together with the backlog!

Bev
                                Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

If there is not a will, just an admon, is there anything to send? Is it worth retrieving?

Comment

Probably not, just the name & address of the person administration was granted to, older admons have these details on the index entry anyway.

Comment

I've just got four, across two days, about 3 weeks after ordering, so in that respect I'm quite happy.

Unfortunately there are pages missing from three of them. I've asked if they can refilm them. They haven't replied. They don't seem to have any proper complaints system.

So frustrating because missing pages are the ones I need. This is to confirm a bequest to the local park, but originally left in trust, and I need to know the details.
                                      Vicky

Comment

Saw in the latest Lost Cousins newsletter that the agency brought in to handle all the extra work has finally caught up with the back orders and things should now be back to normal for waiting times.

Comment

• I don't have mine for the 24th of July - guess I better send a email then
                                          Carolyn
                                          Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                          X