Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Wills

No sign of mine yet which I ordered on the 24th July. I bet they are really busy
    Chrissie

My 10 wills ordered on 23rd July had an estimated delivery date of 7th August. One (the most recent, 1983) was delivered on 1st August. However, the other 9 are still outstanding. I think they are probably overwhelmed with demand. I have another 15 wills in my basket ready to be ordered.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 09-08-19 at 09:54.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Blog Entries
    6 of 7 arrived before the estimated time but 1 due on the 6th is still outstanding. I think it may depend on the Registry they were filed under. One from the Principle Registry arrived within a couple of days, Salisbury and Durham next but London were on the estimated date and still waiting.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

What has amazed me is that is seems to be a manual system, I thought at 1.50 they had automated it hence the low cost . It must be costing a lot of admin

Tried looking for some wills today and the search facility is not working.

Just ordered 4 will. Ten working days for delivery.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Lin Fisher View Post
    Just ordered 4 will. Ten working days for delivery.
    That's what they say, but it's taking longer. I'm still waiting for 9 out of 10 ordered on 23rd July.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Thanks for that Elizabeth.

Luckily I am very busy now until 7 Sep so won't have much time to worry about it. Hopefully by then I will at least have some of them,
    Lin

I now have 3 out of the 10 wills I ordered on the 23rd July.

Today I also received one I ordered on 12th August, but that was because it was from 2018 and I think they are prioritising recent ones.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:

Looks like I might be waiting until chirstmas for mine.

I need to order some more but haven't had the time to look them all up.
    Lin