No announcement yet.

UK Wills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sign of mine yet which I ordered on the 24th July. I bet they are really busy
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

My 10 wills ordered on 23rd July had an estimated delivery date of 7th August. One (the most recent, 1983) was delivered on 1st August. However, the other 9 are still outstanding. I think they are probably overwhelmed with demand. I have another 15 wills in my basket ready to be ordered.
      Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 09-08-19, 09:54.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

6 of 7 arrived before the estimated time but 1 due on the 6th is still outstanding. I think it may depend on the Registry they were filed under. One from the Principle Registry arrived within a couple of days, Salisbury and Durham next but London were on the estimated date and still waiting.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

What has amazed me is that is seems to be a manual system, I thought at 1.50 they had automated it hence the low cost . It must be costing a lot of admin
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Tried looking for some wills today and the search facility is not working.

Comment

Just ordered 4 will. Ten working days for delivery.
              Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                Just ordered 4 will. Ten working days for delivery.
                That's what they say, but it's taking longer. I'm still waiting for 9 out of 10 ordered on 23rd July.
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks for that Elizabeth.

Luckily I am very busy now until 7 Sep so won't have much time to worry about it. Hopefully by then I will at least have some of them,
                  Lin

Comment

I now have 3 out of the 10 wills I ordered on the 23rd July.

Today I also received one I ordered on 12th August, but that was because it was from 2018 and I think they are prioritising recent ones.
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:

Comment

Looks like I might be waiting until chirstmas for mine.

I need to order some more but haven't had the time to look them all up.
                      Lin

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
                        Today I also received one I ordered on 12th August, but that was because it was from 2018 and I think they are prioritising recent ones.
                        I think more recent wills are all digitised (scanned) when they are deposited so they can be sent out almost immediately..... older ones have to be retrieved from the store and get scanned as/when an order comes in which is where the holdup now is.

I'm still waiting for two ordered on the 24th July.
                        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
                          I'm still waiting for two ordered on the 24th July.
                          Exactly the same as me Antony. I wonder whose will come first

Comment

still no sign of mine, they must be super swamped!
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

That's disappointing, mine are due on 21st, it looks like I will be waiting a bit longer :(
                              Lynn

Comment

I just wish I could get the blooming search function to work or is it programmed to say there has been a problem instead of saying there’s no match?
                                I have entered only surname and forename.
                                Last edited by GallowayLass; 16-08-19, 18:48.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                                  I just wish I could get the blooming search function to work or is it programmed to say there has been a problem instead of saying there’s no match?
                                  I have entered only surname and forename.
                                  it seems to work for me, is it for only some searches?
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                    it seems to work for me, is it for only some searches?
                                    Nope. Every one I have tried. Have tried on three occasions now. I wonder if it’s a browser thing as I still use IE11 ?

Comment

I am on IE11 too GL but I have just tested and it's working for me ok.

Comment

do you want to give details and I will search for you? you are definitely using the correct tab at the top, that fooled me to start with.

I am using chrome
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

I've just received my Gt Grandfathers will that I ordered on 23 July and after all this it doesn't really tell me anything.
                                          Oh well.better luck with the others I hope

Jan

Comment

Working...
                                          X