Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No further information

Thank you OC,

I will try that when I get home from work today, thank you for the tip!

Glenys

haha got to be quick! Thanks again GallowayLass

Hi GallowayLass,

I have some records of her parents. Margaret Watt born before 4 April 1795 to William Watt b. 6 Oct 1751 and Mary McGregor b. 1758.

Is Longside near Gartly? I will get on to Scots People when I return from work this afternoon.

Thank you for your help once again

Longside parish borders Old Deer parish on the west side. On its east side Longside borders Peterhead parish.
    Rhynie and Essie as it was known when the parishes combined borders Gartly parish but those two are not near Langside parish. They are way over to the west of there.

Here’s link to a parishes of Aberdeenshire map. http://www.scotlandsfamily.com/parish-map-aberdeen.htm
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 18-07-19 at 18:31.

I have found a tree on ancestry which has James and Margaret but the baptism of that James is 1786 about a decade before the date you posted. The parents are given as James MILNE and Catherine LUKE. They have four children and there are no death dates for James or his wife Margaret WATT.
    How sure are you that your date is correct and where did you get the death date of 3 March 1841 from?
    The tree owner is an active user who logged in yesterday. His username is laburnum31. I think you should contact him and ask about how sure he is about the facts he has for James.
    There are also two private trees which I found searching for James and Margaret’s son Alexander. One is unsourced (username Kindness1965) but the other has a lot of sources and the user is actively searching the Milne family from your area. Username is JackieC and again she has logged in today. I think you should definitely contact her.

There are heaps of other trees found by entering nothing other than James MILNE and spouse Margaret WATT in Aberdeenshire. Some have the 1786 baptism date and some the 1795/6. From a quick look at the public ones, it’s clear that folks have quite a few differing facts including one where James did not die till 1891 in Banff!!!
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 18-07-19 at 19:24.

Bearing in mind all the above - my theory that your James MILNE’s father should have been Alexander as James called his son Alexander could well be a red herring making the people in posts #8 and 9 wrong.

Hi Galloway Lass,

I have been in contact with JackieC and she gave me the date of death because she went to the grave. There is no birth date but this is the information that she gave me after she saw the grave.

Two of the Headstone in EssieChurchyard. which reads
    1862 - In memory of James Milne latefarmer in Glack of Essie who died. 3d Mar.1841 aged 45 years; also inloving memory of Mary Gall wife of Robert Milne, mason, Tonburn, Rhynied. 2. Oct 1866 aged 36 years; also the above Robert Milne who died at Newtown,Sydney, N.S.W. 11 July 1898 aged 77 years. Erected by his son Robert.

This is the only clue I have to the death dateand birth date of Alexander and Robert's father James Milne. Robert Milne was astone mason so I'm glad he erected this stone but there are no burial recordsfor Rhynie and Essie in Aberdeenshire. They are described as deficient.

I hope this helps.

Glenys

Thanks Galloway Lass,

Yes, the fact that there are so many James Milne's around that time in that area, makes it very difficult.

As mentioned, JC and I have been in contact, she is very helpful. However, she does not have any parents for James, as she has no proof and will not accept parents' names without proof, being such a common name.

JC and I have turned out to be 3rd cousins from DNA tests, so we are definitely related

Cheers
    Glenys