Dell updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell updates

I keep getting a box pop up saying Dell Updates, but this is what it looks like , and even though I sometimes click to install them, nothing happens .dell updates.JPG

I have just checked mine - I also have a Dell inspiron, last time it asked I did ask to delay.
    I have the same when I go to the dell app and check updates, will try and install when I am done and let you know if it works!

dell.JPG
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Ok I have done it - and gone back to the app and it says all done
      dell.JPG
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

thats really odd thanks shall try again

Comment

Thanks again Carolyn ,
          Ticked to install , but when finished it said installation complete 0 of 2 successful? and the date it was last updated was 11 Jun 2019
          So something is wrong

Comment

just been fiddling and am wondering if its to do with, failing to install an update error code 0X80240034

Comment

not on pc atm, that appears to be a windows update, will see what my latest window updates are in a while, I know I had one the other day.

is it just one windows update that has not installed as well as the dell?
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

I have found Windows failed to install that update I mention above, so have done what is suggested ,and am trying now to install it, will let you know.

Comment

fingers crossed
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

this is my latest windows

windows.JPG
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

Found something on the internet, about turning off the Windows developer mode, and then it took all day to download updates, and only just finished installing them, but I still get the white screen GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

oh no, can you install them one at a time. I have not had any problems with win 10, but for other versions it got stuck, as it needed one installed and then a restart before the next. Win 8 always does that on parents laptop.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

it also has took me back to the windows page ,with what options there are ? most odd.

Comment

dont know whats going on, but looking at the updates had this lot to install , have done them , but still getting a blank screen.windows updates.JPG
                            Last edited by Guest; 16-07-19, 23:41.

Comment

looks like it is installing the visual c++ not sure what that is, do you have a compiler for that - does someone do programming on your PC?

I would think you could uninstall it
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

I'm the only one who uses it, got no idea why so many updates weren't done, thanks for your help shall see how it goes.

Comment

I would see if you can do them one at a time. I don't seem to have them - but my office is a newer version (although still old) as didn't want to pay for 365 as that was all that was available at the time.
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

al the windows updates have installed now, but am still getting a box pop up for Dell updates, with zero in the boxes.

Comment

maybe it will sort itself out in the next few days!

I am trying to set up a smart plug and that is proving a major task - not that smart after all!
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

Comment

and now there is yet another Dell update grrr
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                        X