Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service Record for The Royal Engineers 1891? finding Richard Kean b Manchester 1860

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve noticed recently that a lot of records that used to be free to view on Family Search are now only accessible on FMP…

It used to be possible to buy Credits on FMP, when it was 1937 and me, but that no longer seems to be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holly View Post
      I’ve noticed recently that a lot of records that used to be free to view on Family Search are now only accessible on FMP…

It used to be possible to buy Credits on FMP, when it was 1937 and me, but that no longer seems to be the case.
      I don't know Holly It has been that long since I used it, I remember it being 1837 and me too that's where I found my great grandmothers birth. Seems everyone is on the PPV lark. I wonder if FreeREG has anything? I'm a bit busy atm but I'll have a wander in a bit.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Findmypast only has those records., unless more have come along, I know Vera looked too.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• I took out Subs on FMP when the 1921 Census first came out. I don’t find it a very user friendly Site and much prefer Ancestry as a generalisation.

I found something on Family Search a while back labelled‘Burnt Records’ for a Richard Kean in The Royal Engineers in WW1, and suspect that it’s the one that I’ve been trying to find.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holly View Post

I found something on Family Search a while back labelled‘Burnt Records’ for a Richard Kean in The Royal Engineers in WW1, and suspect that it’s the one that I’ve been trying to find.
            Did it give a service number? All of the burnt records are also on FMP and Ancestry, so I'm really not convinced that this is 'your' Richard Kean​

Comment

• Name Mary Agnes Keen
              Gender Female
              Age 6
              Birth Year 1885
              Birth Place Chorlton
              Civil parish Tottington Lower End
              Ecclesiastical parish Tottington St Anne
              Residence Place Tottington, Tottington Lower End, Lancashire, England
              Registration district Bury
              Sub registration district Tottington Lower End
              ED, Institution or Vessel Holly Mount​

Comment

• teasie, I can’t locate that Record… I have Subs to Ancestry and I’ve looked again on there.

If the man on the 1891 Census is the Richard Kean who was married to Mary Ann Young and was still in the Army during WW1, then he can’t be my Grandfather William James Wilson, who was in Swansea running several businesses at that time.

If that was indeed the case, then I’ll have to give up on the name change and go back to trying to find a William James Wilson born in Manchester in 1860, who was somehow related to Richard Kean, born 1832 and Frances Butler, born 1833.

Comment

• Got to be a slim chance that he is serving in WW1 he would be over 50 by then.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                  Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                  X