Lane family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane family

Help please. John lane(1827-1875),my 2x great grandfather was a barrister who moved around a lot, mainly in Buckinghamshire. In 1867 he was having a clearing sale at "Saddlers", Cadmore End, West Wycombe. I cannot find any reference to this place. Does it still exist or what was its fate? Thank you. Peggy
    I'm mailing from New Zealand.

Welcome to the forum Peggy. I've just googled it and a property comes up on the Zoopla site:
    Sadlers Cottage, Cadmore End Common, Cadmore End, High Wycombe HP14 3PT, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, three receptions rooms. If you put the postcode into google maps you will see the general area, though it didn't come up by searching for the Common alone.

There's also a parish magazine which mentions a bridleway between Prospect Place and Saddlers Cottage which might help pinpoint the site.
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 06-07-19, 06:08.

Comment

Thank you Jill, I will check it out It is described as a "valuable, brick built and tiled dwelling house with outbuildings, gardens and 2 most productive orchards".
      Like an idiot, I never kept the site address where I found this information.

Comment

Originally posted by pastwood View Post
        Thank you Jill, I will check it out It is described as a "valuable, brick built and tiled dwelling house with outbuildings, gardens and 2 most productive orchards".
        Like an idiot, I never kept the site address where I found this information.
        if you haven't tried already it might still be held in your browsers 'History' [top right corner under the cross, 3 dots, click on those and you will see history]
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you. Have found it and been in contact with the owner of the farm it is on. What is more, my sister and I are coming to England next year so can go see it

Comment

How wonderful, it's fascinating following in the footsteps of your ancestors.

Comment

Originally posted by pastwood View Post
              Thank you. Have found it and been in contact with the owner of the farm it is on. What is more, my sister and I are coming to England next year so can go see it
              That is lovely, I hope that you get to take lots of photos and share them with us.
              Last edited by Darksecretz; 03-07-22, 09:27.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hello Pastwood,

It may be a little late but I have just come across this post! I actually used to live at Saddlers Cottage in the early 70s and may have some photos of the house at that time, if you are interested? I have happy memories of the dear place

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

it looks like Pastwood hasn't visited since 2019, I have sent them a message in the hope that they will pick it up.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                  Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I'm back. Lost interest for awhile. Now it's time to coordinate so much information

Comment

thank you Camillapt. Any info you can give me would be wonderful. Hoping to get back to UK in 2024

Comment

Working...
                      X