No announcement yet.

Any idea of date this could be please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea of date this could be please?

Can anyone tell what the likely date of this photo could be using the clothing and hairstyle as guides, also what age would you say the lady is?
    Thank you

~Val~

Edwardian????

between ca 1900 and 1910?

Hair style

Skirt much narrower than the crinolines and fuller skirts of the 1890s

Made me think of Queen Alexandria's style or possibly Queen Mary's style as soon as I saw her, for some reason
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thank you Sylvia

Since posting this, I saw the Costume Gallery of members photos, and had come to the conclusion that 1900 to 1910 perhaps was about the right time.
      I think this is going to be OH's grandmother who was born in 1888. Which would make her 12 in 1900 and the lady in photo is older than that.
      1910 would make her 22 which is more likely round about that time, or a bit later.
      I see her first husband died in 1915, I wonder if the photo might have marked her engagement or marriage,
      They were married Mar Q 1913
      Last edited by Valice in Wonderland; 05-07-19, 11:16.
      ~Val~

Comment

Working...
      X