Help please 1939 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please 1939 census

I have looked everywhere for my Dad on the 1939 census. It seems to be a mystery. He SHOULD be at Shaftesbury boarding school and he was 14 years old. This is verified by my Mother who is still alive. There are loads of crossed out names on the school register for 1939 but my dad`s should have been uncrossed as he died in 1975. There could be a problem with his name as although he is called Robert Antony Wheeler, he was called Tony and maybe hence not picked up as having died. He was born on the 27th Feb 1925.
    I have enquired about this to The National Archives and FMP but of course I can`t verify this as being a school and not in a family. His parents are both at home incidentally with no other names as he was an only child. Thanks

You will have to supply proof that he is dead before they will unlock the record, so his death certificate and his birth certificate as well, if his death cert doesn't give his dob.

OC

Comment

I have both of those

Comment

I think anyone in an institution of any sort are the most difficult to find as you cannot pinpoint them in a list of redacted pupils or in my mother's case nurses. I know she was a trainee nurse at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge and that she lived in. I sent death certs twice now to FMP together with the reference and ED letter code for the institution. I can see one of her friends on there who is not redacted.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          I think anyone in an institution of any sort are the most difficult to find as you cannot pinpoint them in a list of redacted pupils or in my mother's case nurses. I know she was a trainee nurse at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge and that she lived in. I sent death certs twice now to FMP together with the reference and ED letter code for the institution. I can see one of her friends on there who is not redacted.
          True. I also do not have a subscription to FMP only Ancestry and I don`t know if I can have a free trial on FMP to uncross him...that is if he is on there. I presume with you, you also just guessed and there is a small chance it isn`t them. I really give up hope of finding him.

Comment

Did he have a brother John R Wheeler b 21 Jan 1924?
            Kat

Comment

Oops I see he was an only child- sorry.
              Kat

Comment

It looks like a lot of names for that area are covered so it could just be a matter of time. However he could have been registered as Anthony at the school which could be the stumbling block. I can see the dob and dod give Robert A.
                I do recall another member asking FMP for help confirming an entry and they did get a response. Not sure if they were full subscribers. If you get a trial sub hopefully they will look for you.

Vera

Comment

I think if the birth date matches the redacted record then any minor variation in the name will probably be overlooked.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                    Oops I see he was an only child- sorry.
                    Actually he did have a brother but he died as a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                      It looks like a lot of names for that area are covered so it could just be a matter of time. However he could have been registered as Anthony at the school which could be the stumbling block. I can see the dob and dod give Robert A.
                      I do recall another member asking FMP for help confirming an entry and they did get a response. Not sure if they were full subscribers. If you get a trial sub hopefully they will look for you.

Vera
                      Thank Vera, I will get a free trial and see what happens

Comment

Ok, thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X