Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Claude henry uhthoff, 133 finborough road

  1. #31
    Administrator Caroline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    12,669
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by LorraineK View Post
    Yes of course perfectly understand, but being able to alter the first post myself to correct name Enrique Anthony BUT leaving explanation of Enrique Henry being incorrectly entered in that first post would have been helpful, so you know right at the start the correct name rather than finding out later on.

    Best of all try not to make mistakes - but all human!

    Thanks for what you all do as moderators.

    My very first two threads, a moderator once deleted first thread as had put same information on Living Relatives Forum and Dead Ancestor Forum on same site - thought people would focus on living relatives and dead ancestors on the different forums - the moderator deleted one of the threads with some replies on, which the researchers thought I had ungratefully deleted, so had to explain I hadn't deleted their research and had fortunately quite by chance printed so could put back onto the remaining thread - so asked moderator in future could users be contacted first before a thread is deleted, put that thread with research into a holding area, or transfer over the research.
    Having once deleted a thread instead of merging it (in the "back office" so only the moderators were inconvenienced), I can assure you that is all too easy to do - and once done it can't be retrieved.

    I think the simple rules of not posting details of possible living people, preparing your text, keeping everything together and also letting people know that requests are repeated elsewhere, and where those places, are helps everyone.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates

  2. #32
    Wouldn't even be having this discussion over one word if I could have altered wrong name when other user noticed / if I noticed myself later on - but I can see why you don't let users alter their posts, if others users are deleting posts / altering posts for other reasons.

    Text prepared, one name out, everything together, date order.

    Lost thread, we're all human, just like I put down wrong name!

    Living people weren't posted, asked for living relatives to get in touch.

    Thanks

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ampthill, Beds
    Posts
    1,191
    I have not found any more interesting info.

    Do you have ancestry subscription? I see that Enrique and a few others have very many entries for the electoral rolls, have you picked all these up? you can pretty much track his whereabouts for nearly every year. it would be interesting to map these movements and compare with Claude.

    There are also some war records for Claude Henry - not sure if any are attributable to him, have you investigated these?

    Like previously mentioned there are wills for various members so might be worth getting one or more.

    Enrique had quite a few siblings, did you track these to see if they ever link back to him or his family?

    I don't have a worldwide sub, but like you have found there are passenger lists back and forth for them and the wider family, so very likely that any were out of the country for census and death.
    Carolyn

    Researching:Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon
    Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Plant, Skinner - Lincs ....all moved to London
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

  4. #34
    Thank you Carolyn

    Yes I thought Claude might have been staying with Enrique's siblings but no joy there either in 1901.

    Claude's step-father Arthur died in 1911 and Annie died in 1914, his World War One and World War Two documents don't bring up anything about family, would be interesting if they had listed any Uhthoffs or Parnalls or Brookes.

    I think for 1911 Claude and Annie are either in the US or travelling.

    Claude is in a US boarding school in 1905, the first time he is travelling with Annie is 1903, the year his grandfather Ludolfe died, perhaps he was abroad with his grandfather and father from his birth in 1897? I think we'll just never know.

    My interest in Claude is that he was baptised with our relatives Horace and Violet - and I believe there was a scandal in late Victorian times in the Kensington area involving wealthy people, the clergy, illegitimate births and baptism - Claude and his parents lived at 133 Finborough Road with Horace and Violet - Mrs May Jezard their grandmother rented apartments (known under many other names Priscilla Thrasher, Priscilla Jezard, Priscilla Torplow/Triplow. born Priscilla May Pope in 1840 Hartest) - Violet and Horace were both illegitimate with false names on their birth certificates and baptisms and the family were theatrical.

  5. #35
    I have to say I am struggling to understand what kind of scandal could be attached to baptism. What would be the point of any wrong doing?

    OC

  6. #36
    Moderator Jill on the A272's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    mid Sussex on the A272
    Posts
    6,486
    Blog Entries
    12
    The baptism register does not show Claude being baptised with anyone called Horace or Violet, he was bapt 1st Aug 1907 at St Philip, Kensington and on the same day Mary Eleanor Connett and Bertie Edmund Pullin.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ampthill, Beds
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by LorraineK View Post
    Thank you Carolyn

    Yes I thought Claude might have been staying with Enrique's siblings but no joy there either in 1901.

    Claude's step-father Arthur died in 1911 and Annie died in 1914, his World War One and World War Two documents don't bring up anything about family, would be interesting if they had listed any Uhthoffs or Parnalls or Brookes.

    I think for 1911 Claude and Annie are either in the US or travelling.

    Claude is in a US boarding school in 1905, the first time he is travelling with Annie is 1903, the year his grandfather Ludolfe died, perhaps he was abroad with his grandfather and father from his birth in 1897? I think we'll just never know.

    My interest in Claude is that he was baptised with our relatives Horace and Violet - and I believe there was a scandal in late Victorian times in the Kensington area involving wealthy people, the clergy, illegitimate births and baptism - Claude and his parents lived at 133 Finborough Road with Horace and Violet - Mrs May Jezard their grandmother rented apartments (known under many other names Priscilla Thrasher, Priscilla Jezard, Priscilla Torplow/Triplow. born Priscilla May Pope in 1840 Hartest) - Violet and Horace were both illegitimate with false names on their birth certificates and baptisms and the family were theatrical.
    So Claude (and the Uhthoffs) are not your family at all, just parents using the address as their abode, and it is 133 Finborough Road you are interested in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
    I have to say I am struggling to understand what kind of scandal could be attached to baptism. What would be the point of any wrong doing?

    OC
    Me too - how do you know that they are false parents?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
    The baptism register does not show Claude being baptised with anyone called Horace or Violet, he was bapt 1st Aug 1907 at St Philip, Kensington and on the same day Mary Eleanor Connett and Bertie Edmund Pullin.
    They were baptised in July 1896 - but parents both have listed 133 Finborough road as their address. (I think you meant 1897 not 1907)
    Carolyn

    Researching:Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon
    Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Plant, Skinner - Lincs ....all moved to London
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ampthill, Beds
    Posts
    1,191
    I have just found 133 Finborough road in 1901 census - and it is unoccupied, along with 131

    London --> Kensington -->Brompton --> District 17 Page 40

    you also get a lot of the elec reg by putting in 133 finborough road in the keywords. I added Earls Court as lived in


    [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]


    [/COLOR]
    Carolyn

    Researching:Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon
    Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Plant, Skinner - Lincs ....all moved to London
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

  9. #39
    Moderator Jill on the A272's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    mid Sussex on the A272
    Posts
    6,486
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcarolyn View Post

    They were baptised in July 1896 - but parents both have listed 133 Finborough road as their address. (I think you meant 1897 not 1907)
    Yes, a typo on my part, thank you for spotting it.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    I have just found 133 Finborough road in 1901 census - and it is unoccupied, along with 131

    London --> Kensington -->Brompton --> District 17 Page 40

    you also get a lot of the elec reg by putting in 133 finborough road in the keywords. I added Earls Court as lived in


    [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]


    [/COLOR]
    Thanks Carolyn for your excellent instructions, haven't been confident enough to use that before - but do now! Priscilla presumably bought the house at auction in 1895 as you find her in the London Electoral Register at that address and is the address on her 1900 death certificate, wonder why the house was sold?

    Daughters: Ruth married in 1900 Fulham to Albert Court (as Ruby Jezard and Edward Albert Court), Alice stays in 13 Finborough Road in 1901 census living on own means, Eliza has disappeared (Eliza Priscilla Thrasher born 1868 St Giles), Louisa is a servant at Dorset Mansions in 1901, her married sister Ruby Court is living in the same apartments with her husband Edward.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •