andrew evans worcestershire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andrew evans worcestershire

trying to find birth of Andrew Evans estimated birth year is 1781 as on the 1841 census for Worcester he gives his age as 60.
    he married Sussanah Higgins 8th feb 1807 at St John the Baptist Bedwardine.on both the 1851 and 1861 census returns he states he was born Worcester but I cannot find him. they had five children and all were born in Worcester. in 1851 he was a beadsman at Worcester cathedral. any help at all please I am stuck with him.

Hi

Have had a look but nothing is jumping out at me. Have put Andrew Evans born 1780 +/- 5 years anywhere in britain and nothing anywhere near worcester.

Have you seen the death in 1867 born 1779 in Worcestershire.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Ages for people over the age of 15 were generally rounded DOWN to the nearest 5 on the 1841 Census, and only on that census. Some enumerators ignored the order and put the correct age down.

Thus Andrew's age of 60 could actually mean he was actually between 60 and 64 at the time of census, or an estimated birth year of 1777 to 1781.

EDIT ........... I note that his birth year is shown as 1781 in 1851 and 1779 in 1861.
      Last edited by Sylvia C; 24-05-19, 20:46.
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

thank you .

Comment

I just cannot seem to find him. yes I have his death thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X