Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TreeView

At the moment the jury is out, I've downloaded the free version to have a play with.

Margaret
    Margaret

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
    I don't use the internet connections, the mapping, or any plugins. I also don't even use the 'Focus window', preferring to work from the individual property box. The fact that you work from a diagram and use icons shows just how versatile FH is. I think you may be disappointed in a different program. Be interested if Tree View does what you want.
    Anne
    I had to check what the Focus window was. I only see that when the software opens.

I select a person from the Individuals list and then load up their their Ancestor and Descendant diagram and double click to open whoever's properties I need.

I put my most used Facts on the drop down list including some custom ones e.g. my version of a DNA match fact and 1939 register and only go to the long lists if I need to e g. enlistment or emigration.

I only use queries to put the icons on. I add sources to the facts in a very general way e.g. Ancestry: Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935.

I often have several diagrams open down the side and move between them.

I sometimes change the text/layout for a specific need.

Other than that, it's keep it simple!!
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages (Latest version ~ site often being updated, so subject to frequent changes.)
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates